IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?
A. Veronica Fernandes
2005-09-07 03:27:24 UTC
IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?

That Goa had to be liberated from the Portuguese colonialism was a must
because nobody wants to be colonized by any other power. But that Bharat
had to liberate Goa forcibly and in view of many recolonise Goa was a
different matter. If Bharat under Nehru had not to interfere militarily in
Goa in 1961 December, Heaven would not fall. If it was not for the
militarily force used to annex Goa in the name of liberation by the Nehru
Government of Bharat, Goa would get its own dose of independence in another
10 ? 14 years when all other Portuguese colonies in Africa got after the
death of Salazar in Portugal and after the collapse of Marcelo Caetano rule
there. ?Portugal e Future? was the book that made the trick, this book was
written by Gen. Antonio Spinola a close relative of Marcelo Caetano and who
served earlier in one of the Portuguese colonies in Africa. He realized how
futile it is to hold on to the Portuguese colonies and thus he scripted that
book. In the late fifties and beginning of 1960 Portuguese Goa was
experiencing lot of developments and to move in this direction Lisbon
Government especially deputed dynamic, progressive, secular and democratic
minded Governor Vassalo e Silva with whom as a small boy in Portuguese
School in my village I had a personal encounter of conversation when he
visited our class on one early morning during his visit to Aguada.
Governador Vassalo was a very kind hearted, soft and charitable man. He
loved Goa and Goans irrespective of their religious and other beliefs.
Whatever gifts he used to distribute in Portuguese School similarly he used
to do in Marathi Xalla next to our School. During his stay in Goa almost
everything was moving in right direction. He used to personally check the
grievances of common man. When prices suddenly shot up in Panjim Market of
essential commodities he personally in a disguised form checked the prices
in the Market and took corrective steps. When some Goans working in Qatar
volunteered to return back, he agreed to provide them with jobs. In fact he
even requested Goans abroad to come and help Goa develop and he volunteered
to provide them with the necessary assistance. The way he was moving so
fast in all the directions it looked Goa was going to progress faster than
Bharat. The goodwill for Portuguese Government was gaining momentum. This
created a fear into the minds of Bharati Government of Nehru and in order to
nip this progressive trend initiated by Vassalo e Silva, Nehru on the advice
of Malyali Krishna Menon as Defense Minister of India sent troops into Goa
and annexed it and turned beautiful, virgin, decent and soft Goa as part of
greater Bharat which was nothing but full of filth and curruption.

Before the annexation of Goa by Bharat some Goans approached Morarjee Desai
who was a big man of Bombay then asking help to liberate Goa. Mr. Desai
bluntly told them ?if you want your Goa to be liberated then you go back to
Goa and fight for your cause?. Mr. Desai was against using force to
liberate Goa by the Nehru Government of Bharat. Desai did not like force to
annex lands belonging to others. He even opposed Nehru?s daughter Indira
Gandhi from acquiring and annexing Sikkim to India. Nehru family is a greedy
family and a sort of imperialists but all others succumbed to this family
dictates was a surprise. After the independence of India some freedom
fighter Goans went to Ghandiji who was resting after being tired of fighting
for India?s independence and shock of Congress chicanery. Those Goans who
approached him made a fervent plea to Ghandiji to come forward and give a
lead to liberate Goa the way he gave the lead to India?s independence.
Listening to their pleas, Ghandiji told those Goans something like this? My
dear sons, you want liberation from whom? Portugal? And he softly laughed
sarcastically for a while and then restarted his talk thus ? ? Today you are
ruled by the Portuguse from Europe, fine, but once you are liberated from
Portugal, I am afraid you might be ruled by the Delhivalas from Bharat?.
Ghandhi did not want Goa to be liberated by Bharat thru the use of force, he
was against violence to liberate Goa. He was sure either today or tomorrow
or the day after tomorrow Portuguese will have to leave from Goa. His
impression was that you Goans waited for so long, so now wait for a while
and let the nature take its own course. But Nehru and Krishna Menon were
restless, they did what they had in their minds and brought forcibly Goa
under the rule of Bharat. One of the early freedom fighters J.M. D?Souza
who landed in Goa with a big slogan of Jai Hind along with Indian military
and later on during the first election in Goa got elected from Calangute
constituency on UG ticket, later on started saying ?liberation of Goa was
unjust?. When Mario Soares as foreign Minister of Portugal came to India
and landed in Goa during his historic visit to declare officially surrender
of Portuguese Goa to India, J. M. D?Souza opposed Soares and loudly said in
Panjim that Goa belongs to Goans and not to Indians that is Bharatis.
Finally D?Douza died a very miserable death next to old GMC in Panjim,
unsung, uncared and unwanted. In fact very many freedom fighters died very
miserably like cursed people.
From December 1961 till now it is 44 years that Goa flies Bharati Flag,
acquiring lot of Bharati attributes and losing its own in the bargain. In
another few years Goa will be totally deGoanised, Goa will remain as Goa
bodily but its soul will disappear and Goa will turn into most wretched
state in India. The influx of non-Goans in Goa is changing not only the
demographic structure of Goa but also other fields. The Marathivadis, the
Nagrivadis, the MGvadis, the BJPvadis and communalists in Goa are against
the maintaining of pristine Goan structure. The genuine Goans who have
great love for yesteryears Goa are weeping, some loudly while others quietly
and asking the question ?Quo Vadis Goa??. Goa is going and gone partially.
Our leaders, MLAs and Montris are not interested in Goa, they are interested
in themselves and in their family affairs. They are looting Goa, they are
killing Goa and they are raping Goa.

In this situation some Goans permanently settled in the West holding
Portuguese, American, Canadian, British and other Passports are clamouring
and campaigning for separate Goa independent of Bharat, they even prefer
Portugal back to Goa without knowing that Portugal is no more interested in
Goa. These Goans are simply barking from abroad thru cyber fora. These
Goans are like worms, they will do nothing for Goa expect bark and bark from
Western lands. They say they have great love for Goa but in reality they
deslike Goa for this reason they are not even protecting their ancestral
lands, properties and houses. Liberating Goa further from Indian domination
is a foolish propositon. If any one wants to protect and save Goa from
further disaster he must campaign hard in Goan diaspora and tell them to
save their ancestral properties and houses, purchase Goan lands in greater
quantity otherwise there is no point in barking from outside Goa. I am also
barking but to save Goa and because of the barking by persons like me in
Kuwait and in Gulf in general Goa is partially saved from the claws of
Maharastra. Statehood on Goa is a big solace at least. Otherwise with our
traitors like Rane, Khalap and others in the original MGP cradle will allow
Maharastra to swallow Goa. It is not an easy task to liberate Goa from
Bharat. Goa is not Bangladesh where all East Bengalis were totally against
Pakistan. In Goa now and earlier too majority community members preferred
Bharati rule because they feel Bharat is more Hindu which is more acceptable
to them. A Bharati is basically more communal even though outside he shows
his different colours. In the present Bharat minorities will always have to
live in fear. When Sardarjis were butchered in the aftermath of Indira
Ghandi?s assassination, nothing happened. In Gujarat Modi instigated
genocide perpetrated on innocent Muslims, still nothing happened. India is
passing thru dark period and nature is watching everything. Surely either
today or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, natural calamity will fall on
India and Devine punishment will fall on India and that punishment will be
such that no body will have to fight for his liberation from brute might of
Bharat. Surely Bharat will split into pieces, either now or later however
much I may deslike it but it will surely come because Bharat is ruled by
brutes, rogues and crooks. To split Bharat you don?t require Pakistan or
Chinese Atomic bombs, one mighty Tsunami or mighty cruel havoc of flood as
it is happening in USA is enough. But meantime, let us save Goan lands and
properties by not parting them to others. Expatriate Goans must invest in
Goan lands and save Goa from further deGoanisation.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.
Paulo Colaco Dias
2005-09-07 09:31:24 UTC
A. Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more.
Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts which match mine 100%.

An excellent and very well written piece.

I just have one thing to add in response to your question:
Q: "IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?"
A: Yes in the sense that it is about time Goans stop living in the past and
start thinking about the future. Like yourself, I feel we waste too much
time discussing things of the past. It is about time we start concentrating
on the future and what we can all do for Goa. Strongly investing in Goa is
one thing we can do (and many of us are doing). Another one is to get
involved with issues that affect us all like the Dabolim Airport issue which
is fundamental for the future of Goa because it affects tourism and
development in Goa.

Best,
Paulo.
Kuwait.
Helga do Rosario Gomes
2005-09-07 22:01:09 UTC
But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.
--Helga

A. Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more.
Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts which match mine 100%.

An excellent and very well written piece.

I just have one thing to add in response to your question:
Q: "IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?"
A: Yes in the sense that it is about time Goans stop living in the past and
start thinking about the future. Like yourself, I feel we waste too much
.
Helga do Rosario Gomes
2005-09-07 22:01:09 UTC
But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.
--Helga

A. Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more.
Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts which match mine 100%.

An excellent and very well written piece.

I just have one thing to add in response to your question:
Q: "IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?"
A: Yes in the sense that it is about time Goans stop living in the past and
start thinking about the future. Like yourself, I feel we waste too much
.
Helga do Rosario Gomes
2005-09-07 22:01:09 UTC
But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.
--Helga

A. Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more.
Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts which match mine 100%.

An excellent and very well written piece.

I just have one thing to add in response to your question:
Q: "IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?"
A: Yes in the sense that it is about time Goans stop living in the past and
start thinking about the future. Like yourself, I feel we waste too much
.
Helga do Rosario Gomes
2005-09-07 22:01:09 UTC
But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.
--Helga

A. Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more.
Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts which match mine 100%.

An excellent and very well written piece.

I just have one thing to add in response to your question:
Q: "IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?"
A: Yes in the sense that it is about time Goans stop living in the past and
start thinking about the future. Like yourself, I feel we waste too much
.
Helga do Rosario Gomes
2005-09-07 22:01:09 UTC
But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.
--Helga

A. Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more.
Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts which match mine 100%.

An excellent and very well written piece.

I just have one thing to add in response to your question:
Q: "IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?"
A: Yes in the sense that it is about time Goans stop living in the past and
start thinking about the future. Like yourself, I feel we waste too much
.
Bernado Colaco
2005-09-08 02:26:27 UTC
Post by Helga do Rosario Gomes
But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not
find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.
--Helga
Libertable means can Goa be liberated from the
bharatas?

B. Colaco

Santosh Helekar
2005-09-08 15:23:04 UTC
Post by Bernado Colaco
Libertable means can Goa be liberated from the
bharatas?
B. Colaco
Has B. Colaco read the following from A. Veronica? One has to ignore the
fact that worms do not bark, and some feckless clamorers and campaigners
live in the east.

"Liberating Goa further from Indian domination is a foolish proposition
(sic)."

"In this situation some Goans permanently settled in the West holding
Portuguese, American, Canadian, British and other Passports are clamouring
and campaigning for separate Goa independent of Bharat, they even prefer
Portugal back to Goa without knowing that Portugal is no more interested in
Goa. These Goans are simply barking from abroad thru cyber fora. These Goans
are like worms, they will do nothing for Goa expect bark and bark from
Western lands."

Cheers,

Santosh
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Yes, Helga, well spotted.

However, I think you understood the meaning well, didn't you?

On another note, if you do a google search of the word "liberatable", you
will find hundreds of pages...

Regards
Paulo.
--Helga
Helga do Rosario Gomes
2005-09-08 23:02:20 UTC
No I didn't as I am not familiar with the prose of Veronica - my Delete
button has a life of its own when it encounters his ramblings.
Post by Paulo Colaco Dias
However, I think you understood the meaning well, didn't you?
But Paulo you and I know that Google spits out anything you want it to! Try
Goanese!
will find hundreds of pages...
Helga do Rosario Gomes
will find hundreds of pages...
Helga do Rosario Gomes
will find hundreds of pages...
Helga do Rosario Gomes
will find hundreds of pages...
Helga do Rosario Gomes
will find hundreds of pages...
Radhakrishnan Nair
2005-09-08 11:23:55 UTC
(Helga do Rosario asks: But what does 'libertable' mean Paulo? I could not
find it in any of my
regular dictionaries.)

Exactly my question, Helga! Erudite Paulo and waffling Veronica do make
strange bedfellows, but they have found common ground in making Goa
'liberatable' to the extent that Paulo concurs with Veronica's waffling 110
per cent!

Maybe they are planning to revive organic farming in Goa by reclaiming the
Dabolim airfield from the navy and making it irrigatable. Such a stupendous
task calls for a grandiose word to describe their valiant fight and they
seem to have decided to call it 'liberatable' instead of the mundane
'irrigatable'.

Am I right, Paulo?

-- RKN

P.S: Wonder whether Cecil had a hand in coining this new word.
Paulo Colaco Dias
2005-09-08 21:21:11 UTC
Just like Santosh, I also feel that some readers did not pay much attention
to what A. Veronica really wrote.

It is regrettable that rather than trying to understand the message, they
seem to have got stuck trying to find a meaning for a word which is
perfectly understandable but apparently does not exist. I wonder if that
happens always or is it only when it is convenient?

Whilst I believe Helga's question was innocent, I can't sense the same about
RKN's contribution. Unfortunately, that's how some of us choose to discuss.
For such contributions, the best response is perhaps silence.

Paulo.
Philip Thomas
2005-09-09 01:45:16 UTC
<Maybe they are planning to revive organic farming in Goa by reclaiming the
Dabolim airfield from the navy and making it irrigatable. Such a stupendous
task calls for a grandiose word to describe their valiant fight and they
seem to have decided to call it 'liberatable' instead of the mundane
'irrigatable'.>[RKN]

I myself would be surprised if anything as challenging as 'organic farming'
was undertaken after the odious task of 'liberating' Dabolim airport from
the Navy. The way things look, the place would probably just be allowed to
go to seed (no pun intended). The 'strategic intent' seems to be "stop
Mopa", that's all.
Bernado Colaco
2005-09-09 02:47:53 UTC
A. V. has the right of opinion. Maybe at this moment
he feels weak and meek. His fear is that if Goans
fight bharat there will be a serious loss of life.
That is understandable!

Further in his article A.V. has left some pointers for
Goans: that under indian occupation not to sell
properties and houses.

A. V calls for empowerment of Goans many in the West
and East are calling for the same and in different
manners Dr. Santoshi. Wa about you?

Regards

B. Colaco
Bosco - Goanet Volunteer
2005-09-09 04:10:40 UTC
I just received this message a few minutes ago from a Goanetter who does not
live in Kuwait. Am forwarding the same to Goanet without comment.

QUOTE

Dear Bosco,

Until recently, A. Veronica used to refer to Goans in Kuwait as 'ROSTAD.'

Two weeks ago, he began using the word "WORMS" to refer to some Goans in
Kuwait, and now he is referring to all Goans abroad as 'WORMS.' What right
does he have to call the Goans abroad as 'WORMS?' He is doing a great
service to Goan community but if he keeps on insulting his bretheren on the
forum the way he does, God save his reputation.

regards,

END-QUOTE
A. Veronica Fernandes
2005-09-09 08:06:32 UTC
This is in reply to the following email:

First of all I dont know who the Goanetter who sent the email in question.
He should have been bold enough to disclose his identity or his identity
should have been disclosed.

Secondly I disagree with his views he expressed otherwise he should
substantiate his allegations with clear evidence with regards to what he
accused, pinpointing exactly where I said what and to whom.

Thirdly he should identify himself with his real identity. Some of the
goanetters are having fake identity. They hide their genuine identity and
use fake identity.

Otherwise, please do not waste my time.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.
Alfred de Tavares
2005-09-09 16:18:47 UTC
From: Bosco - Goanet Volunteer <bosco at goanet.org>
To: goanet at goanet.org
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:10:40 -0400
I just received this message a few minutes ago from a Goanetter who does
not
live in Kuwait. Am forwarding the same to Goanet without comment.
QUOTE
Dear Bosco,
Until recently, A. Veronica used to refer to Goans in Kuwait as 'ROSTAD.'
Two weeks ago, he began using the word "WORMS" to refer to some Goans in
Kuwait, and now he is referring to all Goans abroad as 'WORMS.' What
right
does he have to call the Goans abroad as 'WORMS?' He is doing a great
service to Goan community but if he keeps on insulting his bretheren on the
forum the way he does, God save his reputation.
regards,
END-QUOTE
Oh Lord, in Thy mercy, please do not allow the noble worm to ignore his
mortal remains.

"His reputation" will look after its own degradation.

Alfred, an avowed champion of worms!
Santosh Helekar
2005-09-09 17:06:45 UTC
Post by Bernado Colaco
A. V calls for empowerment of Goans many in the West
and East are calling for the same and in different
manners Dr. Santoshi. Wa about you?
I am already empowered, and I call for Goans to get
out of the pre-1961 mentality. You, Bernadoo?

Cheers,

Santosh
Bernado Colaco
2005-09-12 02:47:03 UTC
Santoshi how are you empowered? You could not save the
Catarina victims! Yes it is time for Goans to get out
of the post 61 bharati mentality. We should drive our
own cami?o.

B. Colaco

=============
Santosh Helekar
2005-09-12 06:15:27 UTC
Post by Bernado Colaco
Santoshi how are you empowered? You could not save
the Catarina victims!
Boronadoo, I have saved some Catarina victims through
the Red Cross and the Cidade de Houston. You have to
blame Boosh for not telling Deus to stop Catarina or
save the victims from it.
Post by Bernado Colaco
Yes it is time for Goans to get out of the post 61
bharati mentality. We should drive our own cami?o.
You want Goans to drive the camiao in reverse?

Cheers,

Santosh
Joseph Fernandes
2005-09-12 04:44:20 UTC
Hi

I am agreed to Mr. Santosh what he had mentioned about our goans, they
simply bark like a dog which is no use at all. I am a goan and live in
goa, but born in Bombay. I did not give-up of talking our mother tongue,
though i was born and stayed in bombay for sever years. Some of our people
(sorry to say) goans who stay out of goa, who settle in other parts of the
world says they don't know konkani. Because of such people our konkani is
going out of our hand. Even some people if they knows also they will say we
cant talk konkani, these people feel shame to talk. In my opinion these people
have no right to say they are goans, nor they can sent any mail to goanet
regarding konkani, i hate such people.

Take an exemple of the other states people from India, like malayali even
if they settled in other parts of the world they will never feel shame to
talk in malayalam, but goans are not the same. We are proud, we are
selfish even some actors they sing in konkani songs, when you met them
they will talk with you in english. If anyone think he/she is a goan must
know to respect our mother tongue first, then only you can be proud of
yourself as a goan.

If anyone get hurt from my mail, then that shows he/she deserve it. I
don't want to, but i am sorry to write these few lines.

Regards
Joseph

Santosh Helekar <chimbelcho at gmail.com>

live in the east.
Alfred de Tavares
2005-09-12 21:54:07 UTC
My dear good bad bickering boys,

Liberatable shitable...

What convoluted, tegulated syntax FONTEX (Prozec, in Sweden)
is this?

If coining a contemporary usable and understandable word were to
be taboo, we would be using Chaucer's English today, and very
welcome to it I would say you.

What a microscopic hair-spilting species the creator of Babel will find us?

Cha..cha!
Santosh
Glen Goes
2005-09-13 04:51:17 UTC
Hello ;
This mail is cent percent right and Mr. Helekar has given a perfect
example of Malyalees who no matter where they are, speak Malayalam.
whenever I get a chance to speak in Konkani no matter to whom and how
broken my grammar is , I speak it because it is my birthright and honestly
I am not ashamed to speak my language. What is wrong with us Goans? We are
missing the basic threads of communication with other Goans outside
Goa.......
Atleast Mr. Helekar brought it to our Notice. I wonder what is going to
happen to the next generation who never heard or speak Konkani. I feel it
is partly our older generation to be blamed to a certain extent as well.
thank you and keep me posted
dev borem korum.
mog as dih....
Glen Goes Glen Goes.
goa, but born in Bombay.
Santosh Helekar
2005-09-14 01:29:39 UTC
What are these guys talking about? (Please see the
quotes below}. Did Pandurang send any email on my
behalf without my knowledge?

Cheers,

Santosh

is no use at all.