Re: Goa University Acronym
Khoro Goenkar
2003-04-14 10:49:45 UTC
Dear Miguel,

Thanks for the reply. I have often noticed on Goanet that whenever I join a debate it unfortunately ends right there. Since there was no reply to my posting of February 28, I assumed that this too was going the same way. I?m glad that there has been a reply. I, however, reserve my reply for the moment, but invite you to read the cover story of the April issue of the magazine Goa Today. It is titled Varsity Woes and has been written by me. I am, permit me to belatedly introduce myself, the Assistant Editor of Goa Today and I did a lot of research on the subject of Goa University. If you can?t get a copy of Goa Today, I can email you the entire article, which also includes an interveiw with the Vice Chancellor of the University. I don?t know if the article can be posted on goanet as it is rather long - 2533 words sans the interveiw - but I?d be just as willing to post it for the benefit of all the goanet subscribers.

Regards,
Alexandre

Message: 4
From: "Miguel Braganza" <miguel12 at goatelecom.com <mailto:miguel12 at goatelecom.com>>
To: <goanet at goanet.org <mailto:goanet at goanet.org>>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:25:09 +0530
Subject: [Goanet] Re: : Goa University Acronym

Dear Alexandre,
It is always easy to criticise what we do not understand or know.When a
Kannadiga works in Goa he is bad.When a Goan works in Bangalore or Hubli,he
is great.That is as much doublespeak as the USA with nuclear arsenal talking
about non-proliferation. Why do we not produce the number of Ph.D holders
that are required by the University in Goa? Why did we study in Bombay
University instead of our matriculates teaching their juniors to graduate
out of a non-existant college prior to liberation (and much after that)Of my
parents,one studied in Bombay(now Mumbai) and the other in Dharwar (now
Dharwad).No one called them outsiders then in either of the two towns.The
head of the Kannada Dept.in Bangalore University in the 1980s was a
Keralite.In Goa ,the Konkani Dept is headed by a Goan since inception.We
better produce a suitable successor,or we will end up a Tamilian,Andhrarite
or Malayali teaching us our mother tongue.Why criticise? Plan and work to
make the change.I have worked at the Goa University and seen how Goans
(GSBs,Bhandaris,Catholics) have helped themselves and ruined the nascent
University.We have had Goans as Registrars who were worse than the
efficient(non-Goan) first Registrar.Most of the Deputy Registrars were
Goans.The Controller of Examinations and the Asst.Registrar involved in the
scandal of altering (upward) the marks of a a non-goan student were
Goans.What are we talking about ?I am a Goan and a gaunkar.If I had not
passed my SSC,I would not be qualified even to be a clerk in my own
Communidade.An University is not the cup of tea that can be relished by one
who has not University education. We can talk....we have the freedom of
speech....can our actions match our words ? If not,let us keep our peace.
Regards,
Miguel

2003-04-15 16:01:14 UTC
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 03:07:16 -0400, "Khoro Goenkar"
<khorogoenkar at rediffmail.com> wrote:

Alex,

If it's a long message, you could break it up into 2 or
3 pieces. But ensure you post in plain text only or
your message will be rejected. We have seen poor
formatting in emails coming from rediffmail.com

If you are unable to comply with the above, email the
article directly to me or point me to the web-link and
I will post it to GoaNet on your behalf.

- Bosco
Date: 14 Apr 2003 10:49:45 -0000
From: "Khoro Goenkar" <khorogoenkar at rediffmail.com>
Dear Miguel, Thanks for the reply. I have often
noticed on Goanet that whenever I join a debate it
unfortunately ends right there.
If you can't get a copy of Goa Today, I can
email you the entire article, which also includes an
interveiw with the Vice Chancellor of the University. I
don't know if the article can be posted on goanet as it
is rather long - 2533 words sans the interveiw - but
I'd be just as willing to post it for the benefit of
all the goanet subscribers.
Alex andre
Our thoughts and prayers are with family & friends in
Kuwait.

God-speed to the liberators of Iraq. God Bless the
innocent citizens of Iraq !!
Khoro Goenkar

Bosco - GoaNet Volunteer

Khoro Goenkar