2007-03-26 07:06:13 UTC
1. Economy Class Air Fare to award recipients: Rs.3,26,,975
(reimbursed to 5)
2. Hotel accommodation to abv and Heads of diplomatic missions: R.5,13,000.
3. Transport.....Rs.1,47, 892
4. Event Management...Rs.5,44,907
5. Trophies to 1. above ....Rs.1,12,410
6. Momentos & Souvenirs..... Rs.6,67,480
7. Exhibition of Goan Arts/paintings...Rs.1,36,300
8. Printing and Stationery......Rs.32,893
9. Advertisement and Publicity... Rs.2,52,600
Taken from today's GT (info obtained under RTI)
The so called 'recipients' are they really Goans ?
If they are Goans, don't they have their own homes or ancestors homes in Goa ?
Are they really homeless in Goa ? And yet we call them Goans or eminent Goans?
Only tourists stay in hotels and not real Goans.
When I come to GOA from UK, almost half the times I got free accommodation Vouchers with
BB/HB/FB in 2-3 star hotels (not just one night or Dorm house accommodation) but we never use
it as we go straight to our home sweet home from the airport.
Fyi, during the time (GGC) early Jan.2007, the hotel (Cidade de Goa) room tariff was Rs.12,000
per night being peak season (off peak Rs.9K)
If they stayed say 5 days, it might have cost Rs.60,000 each plus meals etc.
Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk
for Goa & NRI related info...
Konkani Songs, Goan Photos, Tiatr/Film VCDs, Bank interest rates etc etc
(for updates etc click below)
All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html