Why only in South? North Goa doesn’t have a right to have an Airport? Asks CM Parrikar
JoeGoaUk
2014-10-17 11:29:05 UTC
Why only in South? North Goa doesn?t have a right to have an
Airport?
Can?t believe this statement comes from Goa Chief Minister
Manohar Parrikar.
What is this? North/South divide?

Technically, Mr. Parrikar, Dabolim Airport falls in North
Goa.
If you draw a line at North/South equidistance on the Map
of Goa, it will be seen the existing Dabolim Airport falls in North Goa. Moreover, for that matter, it appears that
Dabolim Airport is closer to the people living in the extreme North Goa e.g.Patradevi
than the people living in the extreme South e.g.Polem

Going by the mentality, with Mopa, it could mean North Goa
will have two Airports.

Now, what about South Goa? Don?t they have right to have
one?

Map
https://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoaukextra2/15368726128/

view larger here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoaukextra2/15368726128/sizes/o/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoaukextra2/15368726128/sizes/c/in/photostream/

Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk
Jose
2014-10-17 13:32:59 UTC
Re: Why only in South? North Goa doesn?t have a right to have an Airport?

On Oct 17, 2014, at 7:29 AM, JoeGoaUk <joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
"Can?t believe this statement comes from Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
What is this? North/South divide? Technically, Mr. Parrikar, Dabolim Airport falls in North Goa."

COMMENT:

1: I can't believe this 'surprise' statement comes from JoeGoaUK. Leaving Technical Matters aside, Is it unusual for any Politician to say anything he/she wishes.....even diametrically opposite to what he/she said while in opposition?

That is what is colloquially / opphisially known as Parivartan.

2: That term reminds me of the youtube 'Parivartan' video starring my demi-colleague and (always be my) friend ie Willie Mesquitta the first MP ( I know ) from Dabolim.

Ah Willie !

BTW: I always thought that Sta. Inez was Goa Central. It appears to be awfully quiet in Sta Inez these days? No student marches, No visits from Dilli netaship aspirants, No poster competitions. What happened ?

3: For further 'jwalament' I thought I'd add the following excerpted from my post on the GoaBookClub

"""I am Not Very Knowledgeable about Mopa, its land-ownership, the feelings of the residents of Mopa or of Airports.....etc. So I will not opine on Mopa one way or another.

I will, however, write about my MOPEd.

My friend in London has 4 mopeds, I only have one. Because of the number of his family members currently living in London, he had to buy 4 mopeds. I only need ONE moped. (OK .....it is not a moped, just a car) So, just because my friend in London has 4 cars (which he needs), should I also buy 4 or 2 or 3?

Is the problem also connected to the 'parking space' and who 'de repente' came to own it ..?

But enough about this present Moped or Car......

Would you recommend that I buy another car or Moped, when I do not use my present Moped enough?

Or, is it that you intend to relieve me of my present Moped, when I buy the second one, stating that the Expert Opinion amanha is that I do not need two Mopeds ?

'just only asking' """

jc