Invitation to WORLD GOA DAY - Children Art competition and all things GOAN ....
barreto rene
2007-07-25 02:01:18 UTC

It is our greatest desire that TOGETHER we can look at developing a better
and prosperous Global Goan Community.

The CHOICE is ours !

The Presidents,
G.O.A s and Goan Association world wide,

Dear Presidents and Goan Leaders,

It is indeed a great pleasure to Invite the Goan Associations - to Join The
World Alliance of Goan Associations as we celebrate the 8th Anniversary of
WORLD GOA DAY 2007.

These WORLD GOA DAY celebrations have been held in association with World
Alliance GOAN ASSOCIATIONS under the leadership of Oscar Furtado (Chairman),
the President of G.O.A Toronto and Tony Colaco, the V. President of G.O.A.
NSW, Sydney, Australia and the Secretary of this Alliance

Oscar Furtado, the President of G.O.A Toronto has sent us a message for
WORLD GOA DAY, this message can be read at www.goatoronto.com

A VOICE for GOANS
=================

Every Indian Community abroad - besides the Goan community - have an
association which represents them in the country they have made their home
and also in India - to safe guard their interest. It unfortunate, that our
Goan Community is not represented in the Indian community abroad,nor in
GOA....

Its TIME we changed this situation, we need a VOICE, a VOICE that will
represent us in the country where we live and also in Goa, where many of us
have many problems.

It seems that the Goans abroad have to fend for themselves.There are a few
Goan indvidual who have taken upon themselves to help the less fortunte
amongst us. But that should not be so, it is the duty of the Community.

Its time that the GOAN ASSOCIATIONS keep aside all their differences - unite
under ONE Umbrella. This coming TOGETHER will help the Goan Community in
many ways.

Oscar and Tony are working hard to make the GOAN ALLIANCE a reality, but
without the support from the other GOAN ASSOCIATIONS, not much of progress
will be possible.

The Goan Community abroad is getting larger by the day, unlike other Indian
Communities - the Goan Community does not have well established GOAN WELFARE
ASSOCIATIONS. We need to form such associations urgently, The Goan
Associations should take a lead an establish such welfare organisation under
their care.

Rt.Hon Keith Vaz MP UK, Prof Coissoro, President of Casa de Goa, Lisbon,
Portugal and many other Goan Politicians - have promised us their full
support in our efforts to bring the Goan Community together and to address
our many problems, we look forward to getting the same support from ALL the
Presidents of the GOAN ASSOCIATIONS world wide.

To begin with, we appeal to the Goan Associations to join the WORLD GOA DAY
celebrations and sing aloud the song - PROUD TO BE GOAN, This song can be
heard on the website of G.O.A DC http://www.goa-dc.com - www.gomog.com -
www.melgoans.com and many other Goan websites too.

We would also like to see the GOAN Associations show their SUPPORT by
PARTICIPATING in the GLOBAL GOAN CHILDREN ART competition, we believe that
if we can get the Children involved in the competition, we are sure to get
the family involved too ! Those of us who believe that we should TRY and
preserve our GOAN CULTURE will surely PARTICIPATE, The Goan Leaders need to
give that support and lead by example. We expect a response to this email
from each one of you, sharing your thoughts and your concerns.

We have notified the Goa Government NRI Goa, that the Alliance of Goan
Associations will be represented at the next Goan Convention in Goa. We hope
that every GOA will send a representative to that convention. Kevin Saldanha
will share his thoughts on the Goan convention which the Goans of Canada
propose to hold next year in Toronto, Canada.

we are enclosing a press release from Ethel da Costa in Goa - with a
clarification from Tony Colaco - V.P.GOA NSW for the Overseas Goan
Associations. Goanet will be our partners in this years WGD celebrations -
Bosco D'Mello will be one of our coordinator for WGD. Goanet reaches over
10000- Goans, it would be beneficial if all the GOAN ASSOCIATIONS would
subscribe to this mailing list and to the many other Goan news groups.

We will also be writing to you individually, in case your associating does
not wish to be a part of this GOAN Celebrations network and do not wish to
receive any further communications in this respect,please do write to us to
state so.

Thank you - each and every one of you -we look forward to YOUR association
joining us as we celebrate WORLD GOA DAY, sing the song PROUD to be GOAN
...aloud - let the hills in the Villages in Goa you belong to ...resound
with the song !

VIVA GOA ! VIVA WORLD GOA DAY !

rene barreto

To see some of the postings / messages /events of the
previous WORLD GOA DAY - visit.

http://worldgoaday.blogspot.com/

This Blog is still under construction.

Please note, that this blog is still under construction -
if you have ANY thoughts you would like to SHARE with us,
please feel to do so, we will know that you REALLY CARE
for Goa ! We also appeal to you all - WE need Volunteers to
help. if would like to

please email us at
goanint at yahoo.co.uk - 15 minutes a day only - we ask you.

Thank you so much for reading this post. That is if you have reached to this
end.:-)

00000000000000000000000000000
This comes from Tony Colaco at

We encourage every GOAN ASSOCIATION or Group anywhere in the world to hold
the inaugural 'GLOBAL GOAN CHILDREN ART COMPETITION 2007'. It is suggested
that the three best paintings be sent to the nominated Goan Association of
that country, where a final for the respective country will be judged. The
Goan Associations in each country will draw up their own rules and
regulations. We are appending below suggested rules and regulations as a
guide. Prizes, certificates plaques etc., will be the responsibility of the
participating Goan Association).

Each country will need to submit the top three Paintings to the World Finals
to be held in Portugal in 2008. The date will be advertised in due course.

=========
PRESSNOTE
=========

Friends of Goa, the World Alliance of Goan Associations, in partnership
with Gallery Attic, Goa, India, is pleased to announce the `Global Goan
Children Art Competition 2007' to celebrate World Goa Day commemorated on
August 20 worldwide.

The Art competition is a first-of-its-kind art event which will be held
simultaneously in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Africa, Macau, Portugal,
Brazil, Pakistan and India in an effort to assimilate and create awareness
for young global Goans towards environment and cultural preservation of Goa.
The art competitions will be held and coordinated in each country by Goan
Associations on the theme: Environment and Culture Preservation of Goa.

Competition will be judged in 7-14 years age category in mixed media
formats. Three winners will then be decided by an eminent panel of judges,
while the final exhibition of winning entries of all participating countries
will be held at Casa de Goa, Lisbon. Last date for submission of entries
will be August 30.

Participants are requested to take note of the following:

Please include

i.) Full name
ii.) Birth date including year
iii.) Home address/phone number
iv.) Name of a school and grade
v.) School address including country code name/phone number and fax
number/email address.

* Title of entry and brief description of the meaning of the painting
attested with signature of your parent/teacher/guardian.
Entry must be certified as being original and unaided work. Entries not
fulfilling the above information will be disqualified.

* Artwork should be restricted in size to A3 dimension.

* Each participant may enter up to three pieces of artwork.

* Entries should be submitted in flat format and should remain within the
specified size guidelines.

* Framed entries will not be accepted.

* Paintings that have already been shown elsewhere or accepted for another
contest will not qualify for this Competition.

* Please do not include any words in the paintings.

* Only hard copies of paintings will be accepted. E-mail entries will not
be accepted.

* The decision of the Judging Panel will be final and no correspondence
will be entered regarding decision.

* Artwork received will not be returned. All entries will remain the
property and copyright of the organizers of the Competition.
Organizers will not accept liability for loss or damage to any work
submitted.

* Winning artwork may be used in publicity campaigns.

* Entries received after August 30 will be considered invalid.

* Three best judged Artwork in each participating countries will be
submitted to Casa de Goa, Lisbon for the overall GLOBAL GOAN YOUTH PAINTING
Contest.

Entries should be sent to:

Gallery Attic, 36-40, 1st floor, Alfran Plaza, Above
Maneck Gem, Near Don Bosco School, Panjim-403001.

For more details:

Contact Ethel Da Costa (Overall Global Coordinator)
Email:ethel_trudes at yahoo.com

Coordinators For Overseas Goans :
GOAN ASSOCIATIONS in each country - Youth Coordinator or
equivalent. We will notify the names of others as they
become available..

Tony Colaco
General Secretary
The World Alliance of Goan Associations.
www.goansw.com
Colaco at bigpond.com

Kevin Saldanha - will help us coordinate the North America Section - with
the help of Bosco D Mello of Goanet, Kevin Da Costa from GOA Toronto,
Canada.

CANADA
======
Kevin Saldanha - Goanet <vegvet at gmail.com>,
Kevin D'Costa - GOA Toronto <dcostak at telus.net>,
Bosco D Mello - Goanet - <bosco at goanet.org>

Portugal
========
Aristedes Meneses - Lisbon, Portugal <ameneses at insat.pt>,

We would be pleased to receive any help from Goans wherever they may be
...that is if they feel Goan enough to do so : -)

Middle East:

Simon D Silva - Qatar

GOA

Bangalore

Delhi

USA

AFRICA
-------

GOAN WELFARE SOCIETY - Kenya
Mrs Joyce Shamshudin

This email is being sent to over 40 Goan Association,
Keith Vaz, Prof Coissoro and many other well known Goans.

rene

barreto rene

barreto rene

barreto rene