Goanet @ Viva Goa 2007
Bosco - Goanet Volunteer
2007-08-06 05:56:28 UTC
VIVA GOA - 2007

Viva Goa is an annual gathering of Goans at the Downsview Park in Toronto.
The 10th annual celebration were held on July 28, 2007 and Goanet joined in
the celebrations with its own booth.

The booth gave us an opportunity to inform visitors about Goanet and its
activities and it also served as a focal point for members to meet and
introduce themselves. Silent and not so silent members were at last able to
meet and match faces with email names. Some were reluctant to have their
photos taken/published.

We had a laptop at the booth that allowed any booth visitor to surf
www.goanet.org for a quick online overview of all the services available on
Goanet. We found the people who were most interested in Goanet were
residents of the US who had not yet heard of us.

Apart from introducing people to Goanet, we also gave exposure to:

- Goan Authors and Goan Literature.
- Goa Sudharop and their activities in Goa.
- Global Goan Children Art Competition 2007.
- Upcoming Konkani Tiatr "ADEUS" here in Toronto.

There was lots more that could have been done. We realized that the
volunteers had good ideas on how to do things differently and how to attract
people to the booth. We now have the banners and experience and are ready
for our next show.

Like all things related to Goanet, none of this would have been possible
without the efforts of those that volunteered their time or donated the
resources required. I'd like to acknowledge and thank the following
individuals:

Ben Antao
Mervyn Lobo
Olinda Fernandes