Talking Photos: At last, the renovation work begins -The city’s Garden (Garcia-Da-Orta)
JoeGoaUk
2009-11-11 08:28:46 UTC
At last, the renovation work?begins-
The city?s Garden (Garcia-Da-Orta).
?
This? garden was in the news since 2004 & was up for renovation since then.

I remember reading that funds for the renovations were allocated..
What happened to the funds or why such a long delay, only God knows?
Only the city MLA and the then CM of Goa, porrikar will
will be able to clarify on this or throw some more lights.
I am copying to him too, just incase he decides to write back.
?
dr. willy, the then Tourism Ministers should also be able to guide.
And off course,? any tony, po, babush etc? of CCP
No, I will not copy then for they are illiterate in computer literacy i think.
Some of them are Education Minster, City Mayors though.
When ITians like porrikar never writes back can we really blame the illiterates?
?
Finally, the work on the long neglected garden started now Nov.2009
Will cost about Rs. 2.5 crores
First phase? Expected to be ready by 8/12/09
in time for the Church Feast i.e. 8th Dec.
?
Pics taken on 10/11/09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk6/4093467472/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk6/4092702201/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk6/4092704139/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk6/4093471616/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk6/4093469530/sizes/l/
?
This is exactly 2 years ago i.e. 11.11.2007
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk13/2045196936/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk_dirtypanjim/2183810729/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk_dirtypanjim/2218804481/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk_dirtypanjim/2183813741/sizes/l/

Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...

For Goan Video Clips
http://youtube.com/joeukgoa

In Goa, Dial? 1 0 8
For Hospital, Police, Fire etc

Gabriel de Figueiredo
2009-11-12 12:09:10 UTC
I was given to understand that there were "differences of opinion" between the so-called freedom fighters and the Fundacao Oriente, which had commenced works on putting mosaic paving in the Portuguese style, which caused the works to come to a dead-halt.? Is this correct or is it a myth?

JoeGoaUk

Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...

Gabriel de Figueiredo