Re: Community greetings relaunched
rene barreto
2005-10-15 16:27:26 UTC
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

CONGRATULATIONS !

WORLD GOA DAY events has brought Goans from all over the
GOANWORLD TOGTETHER in the last SIX YEARS !

Too often ..some of our GOANS have been circulating malicious
rumors - that WORLD GOA DAY is all about SINGING ,PICNICS ,
and DANCING.

We are now seeing the fruits of the hard work - we have put in.
The very Goans who were against the dancing ..are themselves
organizing dances ! Jealousy is GOOD ..I ve often been told :-)
Its God given. It shows us in the true light.

Thanks to the Goanet admin.team for their support and look forward
to working with them in the future - 365 days.

One person who makes me proud ....is Deborah Santamaria our
WORLD GOA DAY coordinator for Goans in Pakistan.

Deborah has done a great job in bringing our Goans in Karachi TOGETHER and
strengthened The ALLIANCE OF WORLD GOAN ORGANIZATIONS.

I am PROUD to be associated with her work and I am also proud that
Deborah has volunteered to support our GOANET organization -

Thank you Herman for giving her the opportunity of serving the GOAN COMMUNITY
world wide. I am sure our other WGD coordinators will
assist this our GOANET network too.

TOGETHER we work to make our GOANWORLD a better place.

rene barreto
TOGETHER for a better GOANWORLD.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Herman Carneiro <herman at goanet.org> wrote:

Dear Goanetters,

As most of you will remember Goanet used to run a greetings service. Members
would send us dates of birthdays, anniversaries and births and we would send
out wishes on that day on their behalf. It gives me great pleasure to announce
that we are going to relaunch our greetings service.

Taking over from Vincente Fernandes is Deborah Santamaria. We'd like to thank
Vincente Fernandes for his work on the greetings service. We sincerely
appreciate the time and effort he spent volunteering with us. I'm sure he'll
be pleased that the greetings service is in good hands.

If you would like to send a special greeting to friends and family, please
send your greetings to Deborah at greetings at goanet.org.

Please do not forget to give us as much information as possible. For example:

Name: Full Name
Location: City, Country
Occassion: Birthday/Anniversary/Birth/etc
Special comments:

Your name:
Location:

I'm including a short introduction to Deborah below. Please help her by
sending in your special occassions.

Best wishes,
--
Herman

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

*****
Hi Everyone,

My name is Deborah Santamaria, and I have volunteered to be part of the
Goanet family. A brief about myself. I work for an Intalian Oil & Gas
Exploration & Production Company as HR & Communication Administrator.

I am also a co-ordinator for Pakistan for World Goa Day celebrations. I
have so far held 3 World Goa Day celebrations under my leadership. I was
Secrertary of the Goinkars Own Academy and took over as President after the
departure of the Founder and President Maurice Coutinho to Canada.

As you all know, I will be responsible for sending out birthday/anniversary
wishes, therefore would like to request you to please send me the dates for
your special ocassions. We would like all our members to feel special
receiving a greeting message on his/her special day from goanet.

Cheers

Deborah Santamaria
greetings at goanet.org

-----------------------------
cornel
2005-10-16 11:17:21 UTC
Rene
You would undoubtedly gain credibility if you indicated what other concrete
developments there have been, as a consequence of World Goa Day, requiring
you to pointedly reject ... "malicious rumours- that WORLD GOA DAY is all
about SINGING, PICNICS, and DANCING."
This is a genuine and sincere question.

Too often ..some of our GOANS have been circulating malicious
rumors - that WORLD GOA DAY is all about SINGING ,PICNICS ,
and DANCING.
We are now seeing the fruits of the hard work - we have put in.
The very Goans who were against the dancing ..are themselves
organizing dances !
I also do not understand exactly what you are trying to say or impute in
your above point. Therefore, any clarification from you would be helpful re
the two points I have raised in this post.
Cornel
rene barreto

-----------------------------
cornel