[Goanet] Moping about Mopa?
Miguel Braganza
2005-09-09 09:31:17 UTC
Philip has stated the obvious that is being obfuscated in the deate about
Dabolim.
It is not that Dabolim is good but , rather, that Mopa is bad...for the
hospitality business in South Goa.

We would be happy to send our garbage to the under-developed parts of
Sindhudurg and the Konkan. Sending tourists is another cup of tea
altogether.
Subject: [Goanet] RE:Re:Re: IS GOA LIBERATABLE FURTHER?
. The way things look, the place would probably just be allowed to go to
seed (no pun intended). The 'strategic intent' seems to be "stop Mopa",
that's all.
Philip Thomas
Viva Goa.
Miguel
Philip Thomas
2005-09-10 02:04:44 UTC
<Philip has stated the obvious that is being obfuscated in the deate about
Dabolim. It is not that Dabolim is good but , rather, that Mopa is bad...for
the hospitality business in South Goa.>[Miguel Braganza]

The next 'obvious thing' is that if Mopa is bad for the south Goa
hospitality business, (and I agree it might well be as per the present
plan) then it should be (re-)configured to AVOID that clash i.e. as a
domestic airport rather than as an "international airport" to begin with.

What I am pleading for is not to throw the baby out with the bath water in
the irrational "stop Mopa" campaign. Its really strange that Churchill took
one stand 8 months ago (Mopa is OK if Dabolim continues) and has now changed
it completely. Is there any sanctity left in a person's word over here?
Sad.
Miguel Braganza
2005-09-11 19:03:18 UTC
Dear Philip,

In the era of ILS for safe landing even in darkness and bad weather as well as other devices that can help pilots see beyond the horizon even, there exist people who cannot see beyond their nose even on a bright sunny day. Sad , but true all the same.

: "Philip Thomas" wrote

The next 'obvious thing' is that if Mopa is bad for the south Goa
hospitality business, (and I agree it might well be as per the present
plan) then it should be (re-)configured to AVOID that clash i.e. as a
domestic airport rather than as an "international airport" to begin with.

Is there any sanctity left in a person's word over here?
Sad.

Viva Goa.
miguel

---------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
< there exist people who cannot see beyond their nose even on a bright sunny
day. Sad , but true all the same.>[Miguel Braganza]

The third and final "most obvious thing" is that fellow politicians are a
much softer target than the guys who are controlling Dabolim. Make ritual
noises about how the latter should pull out but go hammer and tongs about
how fellow Goans are making a killing in Mopa real estate. Then we wonder
why there is no progress at Dabolim for the past 4 decades.
Joseph Fernandes
2005-09-13 05:03:51 UTC
Hi

Please let me know if this philip thomas is goan or malayali, such name we
don't have among goans. If he is malayali then its shame to goans, because
he is an outsider taking parts in our goans news.

Regards
Joseph
Miguel Braganza

Miguel