Title of Song - Nolasco Dias
Attarco
2011-11-06 14:32:13 UTC
While searching Nolasco Dias on net, I came across below post
of Eugene. I am not sure if Eugene was able to get the answer
But I have just located the song Moipass which is found in LP record
'Rico Rod & Party' through Nolasco Dias son Schubert.

The lyrics of the song are posted on my blog
http://edskantaram.blogspot.com/search/label/Songs%20of%20Nolasco

The song is available on Humma website for purchase and LP available
on ebay for $74/-.

Nolasco Dias was the famous singer on AIR, who composed and sang
many Konkani songs. He wrote and staged the Konkani operata in Bombay called

Amoriche Ghantteo (Bells of the Angelus)but was not successful and ran into
huge loss,
as he had to spend on costumes etc.

Some of his hit songs are 'Konkani Bhashechem Dennem' by Nolasco & Gemma B.
Fernandes
from LP 'Teach Me Konkani' and Moipass by Nolasco & Jeanette, Goenche Kunnbi
a folk song
with Nolasco n group, n Dorji with Rico Rod from LP Rico Rod & Party. These
songs were
very popular on Akashawani those days and even now. The Music for these
albums was provided by M.Alphonso.
There was also another album or song titled 'Buddi ka bal'which is not
traceable.
Nolasco also produced a Konkani cassette titled 'Rosary' which is also not
traceable.

Born 26th Dec 1926 from Ranvaddo, Betalbatim, Nolasco is Son of Dr. Leo
Bossuet Dias (surgeon)
and Pulqueria Godinho e Dias a Portugese Professor. Nolasco ex Indian Navy
passed away on 27th Dec 2004.

Copy to TAG - Victor de Sa/Tomazin Cardoz - Please remember to add Nolasco
Dias in Dec month
Programme 'Somplelea tiatristacho Ugddas Remembering Tiatr Artistes of
Yester Years.

Dev borem Korum
Edward Verdes

Quote:
[Goanet] title of song
Eugene Correia gene_correia at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 02:01:04 PDT 2008

I would like to ask goanetters if they remember the
title to a song by Nolasco Dias. It has lyrics like...
disan dis tum disti poddta maka sompnanin.... And the
chorus have lyrics... Deva lagim ami maguim.
It is an all-time favourite played on All-India Radio,
Goa.

eugene
Pandu Lampiao
2011-11-07 04:06:13 UTC
Edward,
Last evening, some of us were talking of doctors from the old days in
the Betalbatim- Majorda-Cansaulim area and someone mentioned the Dias
doctors from Betalbatim. The chat started with Dr. Barbosa (his months
mind was on Saturday) and talk veered to the old days when the only
doctor apparently was someone from Majorda. Then someone remembered
the two Dias doctors (cousins) from Betalbatim....Nolasco's father and
the other was mio great-grand pop.
Nolasco's father went on to live some years but my great grand-father
passed on as the result of a plague that hit the area (apparently
treating patients with plague).

I never met the late Nolasco nor did I like his songs (too Tom Johnes,
I adore William de Curtorim)....but never dare mention this to Concani
lovers who are very fond of his lyrics and his style of singing!

Am trying to find out details about Nolasco, what his life was like
(more curiosity); apparently he was an oddity in that one rarely heard
a baatkar sing popular songs.
eugene
joelds
2011-11-07 14:44:08 UTC
Hi Edward,

Brought back memories of yester year... and those tuneful Konkani songs...
and of Nolasco Dias in particular.
Nolasco's daughter lives in Goa and sings Konkani songs quite well. She
loves to sing Lorna's songs. But she is more into fine art and a collector
of good paintings.

Regards.
Joel.
James d'souza
2011-11-07 23:54:50 UTC
any body has any Cd of Nalasco,
He was a very good?neighbor?in Bandra, every morning B4 he left for work he would hum the konkani music
Miss him a lot.

________________________________

Eugene Correia gene_correia at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 02:01:04 PDT 2008
I would like to ask goanetters if they remember the
title to a song by Nolasco Dias. It has lyrics like...
disan dis tum disti poddta maka sompnanin.... And the
chorus have lyrics... Deva lagim ami maguim.
It is an all-time favourite played on All-India Radio,
Goa.
eugene

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Protect Goa's natural beauty

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

? Sign the petition at:? ? http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php

joelds

Joel.
James d'souza

joelds

Joel.
James d'souza

joelds

Joel.
James d'souza

joelds

Joel.
James d'souza

Attarco

eugene
Pandu Lampiao

eugene
Attarco

eugene
Pandu Lampiao

eugene
Attarco

eugene
Pandu Lampiao

eugene
Attarco

eugene
Pandu Lampiao

eugene
norms
2011-12-31 12:17:25 UTC
Dear James,

I am the daughter of late Nolasco Dias Konkani singer.
Can you please give me the contact number of Edward Verdes.
I live close to Vienna in austria.
My profession is teaching and i am also a song writer and singer.
My married name is Norma Schollar

all the bset for 2012
regards,
norma