OBITUARY: Fr Vivian Lobo, SJ -- accomplished teacher, good administrator
Goanet Obits
2014-04-05 08:19:28 UTC
By Miguel Braganza

The sad news is that Fr. Vivian Lobo SJ passed away last night after a
brief illness.

He was hospitalized at Vision Hospital, Duler Mapusa, in .November, 2013
because of high urea in the blood and discharged after undergoing dialysis.
He was recuperating at the Jesuit Community in St. Britto, Mapusa.

Hailing from the village of Siolim, Fr. Vivian Lobo SJ was an accomplished
teacher and a good administrator. A good part of the English I write is
thanks to his grooming at St. Britto High School in the early and mid-1970s
when he was my teacher.

He was the Principal at Loyola High School & Junior College, Pune, from
1986 to 1990 and thereafter at Loyola High School, Margao, till 2007, when
Fr. Willaim Rodrigues SJ took over and he remained there as the Rector.

May his soul rest in peace.

The funeral cortege will leave the Priests' Residence, St. Britto High
School, Mapusa at 3.45 P.M. for the Eucharistic celebration at St. Jerome's
Church, Mapusa, follwed by the final rites.

ONLINE TRIBUTES/PHOTO AT
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lesagoa/?ref=ts&fref=ts
LESAGoa (Loyola Ex-Students Association).
Jim Fernandes
2014-04-05 15:06:21 UTC
Sad to hear about the passing of our former teacher at Loyola High School, Margao. He was a very fine teacher. During my time at the school, Fr. Vivian Lobo was not the Principal - he might have been the Vice-Principal. My Principal at the school was Fr. Savio Rodrigues.

Anyway, being part of the naughty group at the school, we used to sometimes teasingly refer to Fr. Vivian as "Jacko-the-parrot" - a character in our French text book. I am not sure why we gave him that name - it might have been because he had?a slightly downward bending nose like that of a parrot. We were nasty spoilt kids.

May his soul rest in peace.

Jim F
New York.

________________________________

Goanet Obits

Jim Fernandes

Goanet Obits

Jim Fernandes

Gary Azavedo
2014-04-22 14:46:57 UTC
Between late Fr Vivian Lobo sj and the former principal Fr William Rodrigues sj, there was another principal at Loyola high school, Margao by the name of Fr Joaquim (I forget his surname)...so the tenure of late Fr Lobo sj at Loyola HS, Margao is wrong!

GARY AZAVEDO,?
ex-student, Loyola HS, Margao

P.S. Late Fr Lobo sj was my principal when I passed out of the school way back in March 1992! He also taught me history in Class X. ? ?

Goanet Obits

Jim Fernandes

Gary Azavedo