Romi Konknni Propoganda in Dubai
Miguel Braganza
2007-10-19 19:31:33 UTC
Dear Cedric,

You are absolutely right. The time has come for us to face the facts
and to state them ...as they are.

First it was the "Opinion Poll" in 1967. We were happy that we won and
remained free from Maharashtra ....but the successive Governments in
Goa continued to promote marathi in Govt. Primary Schools. Even today
there are almost 1000 GPS in Marathi as against 200 GPS in Konkani!

The next trick was the Konkani Porjecho Avaz [KPA] that brought
thousands of Konkani speaking Saxttikars to Azad maidan in Panaji in
1986. The best they could read Konkani was the Vavreaddeancho Ixtt or
the Dor Mhoinneachi Rotti or Novo Korar or Gulab .... all in Roman
script or Romi Lipi. The Official Language Act, 1987 defines the
Official Language thus "2 [c] Konkani language means Konkani written
in Devanangri script."

We had the Congress Government under Rane then. Goa Congress had only
one MLA, Luizinho Faleiro and Adv. Uday Bhembre was the Independent
MLA of Margao. They walked out of the Legislative Assembly because
they lacked guts to oppose it. In fact, Adv. Uday Bhembre has now
shown his true colours as a protagonist of Devanagri script. He could
not do it then. He would be hammered by his electors in Margao.

Mr. Pratapsingh Rane is now the Chairman of Kala Academy and Adv. Uday
Bhembre is a member of its General Council and Advisory Committee on
Literature. Last week it was like 1987 once more. An Executive board
decision was overturned for the first time in the history of Kala
Academy, according to Tomazinho Cardoz. He held a Press Conference
today to call a spade a spade. Look out for the news tomorrow.

Churchill Alemao was torn between his love for his daughter, Valanka,
and the perpetuation of the Alemaos in the political firmament on one
side and his love for goa and Konkani on the other. Blood runs thicker
than language. He is not such a smart chap. He is the closest one can
get a politician to support Romi lipi for Konkani. It is not good
enough, but it is the best one can hope to get.

Prince Jacob and Wilmix supported Churchill much to the consternation
of others. there is always a price tag ...mostly on one's credibility.
I am sure they have learnt their lessons.

One should not expect others to help support one's mother. it is up to
the children to do so. It is the same with our Mai Bhas. The rule for
each one of us is " If you believe in her, support her. If not, shut
up." Just this week , the Supreme Court of India has ruled that the
son is not a natural heir to the fathers estate. In a family in
Kerala, where the son abandoned his father and he was looked after by
his sister and her children, the father willed all his estate to his
nephew and niece. The son can only rue his decision to abandon his
father. Perhaps, we can teach Adv. Uday Bhembre and Pratapsingh Rane a
thing or two about Konkani and her heritage.

The South Goa electorate has a chance to express itself at the end of
this month. Jawahar Dias may not be such a bad choice, after all.

Mog asundi.

Miguel

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:20:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: cedrico dacosta <cedricod at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Goanet] Romi Koanknni Propoganda in Dubai

Romi Konkanni Propoganda in Dubai

I am just returning after watching a Goan tiatr by Samuel Carvalho at
Al Nasr Leisureland, Dubai.The cast included Wilmix and Sharon.
I distinctly remember the last time around when Wilmix came for a
tiatr in Dubai he sang hosannas of how Churchill Alemao is the savior
of Romi Konkanni and Dabolim Airport...I remember the husband wife duo
of praising Churchill as the only saviour of the konkanni language.

Not many sandstorms must have hit the Dubai deserts since
then....tonite Wilmix in his speech for support to Romi Koankanni,
went on length how some of its very own supporters, specially
politicians ditched him and his cause and how he intends to continue
the fight...but in all diplomacy or fear of Churchill almighty...he
refrained from naming those trecherous politicians who ditched the
Romi konkanni cause.

It is time we gather guts and name and shame the politicians who ditch
us, Goans and Goan causes after realising their selfish
ends....Churchill tops the list as per me.

Regards
Cedric da Costa
Dubai

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Miguel Braganza, S1 Gracinda Apts,
Rajvaddo, Mhapsa 403507 Goa
Ph 9822982676 miguelbraganza at yahoo.co.in
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Edward Verdes
2007-10-19 20:36:13 UTC
Mogall Cedric,

Can you pls tell me who are the other politicians who have taken up for
Konkani?
or rather name one politician who has done anything for Konkani?....

As for the tiatrist who got up now....they are on both sides..how come they
did not ask for Romi Konkani
when Konkani was given the official status and when Churchill first spoke
Konkani in Parliament!

I heard so many songs in praise of Churchill...Churchill Alemao...Anj
Boddvo.(Angel) etc
sung by the tiatrist...I am still to come across other politician whose
praises have been sung in
connection with Konkani!

Edward Verdes
Chinchinim/Jeddah
Dubai
Sanny de Quepem
2007-10-20 10:25:21 UTC
Mogall Edward,
You are absolutely right, praises of Churchill are sung but for what? Only promissing I will fight for Romi lipi, that too only when the issue of ELECTION arises, after that poor Romi Konkani is totally forgotten, and the send issue to INGNORENT GOEMKARANK FULLOUPAK POTHKODE KOXE Dabolim airport issue is taken up, don't you think so?

Yes again you are right that Churchill Bab first SPOKE KONKANI in the parliament house, and signed DEVNAGRI as our script, how do you feel about that, due to one silly mistake upto this day we GOEMKAR are fighting for ROMI LIPI.

Regarding the TIATRIST you are 101% right again, "TE APLE PAIM DON VODEAMCHER DOVRUN ASSAT" they remember KONKANI when other start to shout slogans that we want ROMI LIPI.

Oxem anik zaitem assa sangchem pun tem sangon kobar zaumchem-nam.

Mog assumdi,
Tumcho khalto,
Sanny de Quepem - Kuwait

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miguel Braganza

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Edward Verdes

Dubai
Sanny de Quepem

Miguel Braganza

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Edward Verdes

Dubai
Sanny de Quepem

Miguel Braganza

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Edward Verdes

Dubai
Sanny de Quepem

Miguel Braganza

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Edward Verdes

Dubai
Sanny de Quepem

Miguel Braganza