For those who couldn't make it to the Goa2011 seminar today... at Alto Porvorim
Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
2011-09-29 19:40:26 UTC
Dear all: Exclusive audio from the Goa2011 Seminar. The next best
thing to actually being there!

Today's presentations dealt with the themes of: civil social movements
in contemporary Goa; the student movement in Goa in the 1980s;
identity politics in post-colonial Goa; the media in Goa; the life of
the little-noticed pastoral Goulys of Goa;? Goan (Cuncolim) women's
experience of male migration, Goa's archives and research being done
on it; and a discussion on linking regional research (in Goa) with
wider perspectives.... besides other issues.

HEAR IT AT http://www.archive.org/details/Goa2011Seminar

Detailed programme of the event at:

Share information and knowledge... it might benefit you too one day!
FN

PS: Some files are in the process of being uploaded, and should be in
the next few hours.

Frederick Noronha
Publishing Goa... not by accident.
Goa,1556 books now available via Flipkart: http://bit.ly/rqah4t
+91-832-2409490 or +91-9822122436

Latest tweet: FNtracks is out! http://t.co/jEc7VruL
Top stories today via @fredaraffeal123 @dreammagnifique Follow @fn
B MENEZES
2011-09-30 21:30:37 UTC
Hello Frederick and fellow colleagues of this very active book club.

I am please to announce that my first novel has now been released. Matata* means 'trouble' in Swahili.
Please see attachment.

Of course it is my wish that as many members (and others) read this, but it may be awhile before I can get the book printed in Goa. So for the moment, I suggest all Goa members who wish to have a copy, can gently hint, hint, hint, to their friends and relatives living in Toronto, that they would love to receive a gift of this book. The annual migration of Toronto Goans to the homeland is just starting.

To help this process, I am offering the book at the bulk rate price of $17.50 (Can/US) per book.
When I was told that publishing a book was like having a baby, nobody mentioned that self-publishing had one drawback: you have to dispose of the baby - hence this new role (temporary, I hope)!
with warm personal regards,

Braz Menezes
Author, Just Matata, Sin, Saints and Settlers.
www.matatatrilogy.com
Tel: 416 363 9757 Mail: 2512/55 Harbour Square, Toronto, ON, M5J2L1, Canada
roland.francis
2011-10-01 15:38:07 UTC
Hi Braz,
We are not acquainted, but met at the Curtorim-Raia-Loutulim social recently when you came on the table, told all of us you were the author of Just Matata, gave us a synopsis of your novel and quickly left without giving me a chance to introduce myself and ask you more about the book.

I am not an author or anything, but I could have reviewed your book on Goanet in an interesting way (assuming it was interesting) for the average reader and thus done my bit to have possibly helped with the sales.

You were billed as going to release your book at the social on that day and I was looking to buy a copy. I would have made my table buy another five. Wishful thinking. I didn't see any for sale.

Let that pass. Please tell us what motivated you to write it, something about yourself now that you are in the public domain and perhaps an interesting experience you had in Africa and might want to tell us about it.

Sorry if it looks like I am hauling you over the coals. You seemed a nice guy when wise-cracking at the bar.

Roland in Toronto.

Envoy? sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le r?seau de Bell.

roland.francis

roland.francis

roland.francis

roland.francis