What is Wrong? - A critique
Arnold Noronha
2007-05-20 22:19:39 UTC
On 19 May 2007 From: Santosh Helekar <chimbelcho at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Goanet] What is wrong (Was: Creationism versus Evolution)
What is wrong with stating facts that contradict
someone's beliefs?
What is wrong with attempting to convince someone that
he/she is mistaken?
What is wrong with informing other readers that what
they read on Goanet is not true?
What is wrong with wanting to find out if our beliefs
are right or wrong?
What is wrong with having intellectual curiosity?
What is wrong with trying to educate ourselves?
Cheers,
Santosh

--- "Frederick \"FN\" Noronha"
What's wrong if Orlando believes in what he wants
to? Why should we
try to convince him otherwise? I hope his beliefs
make him a better
person... that's all that matters. I wouldn't want
anyone judging the
rightness (or wrongness) of my own beliefs... as
long as it doesn't
harm them in any way. FN
Dear Goanetters:

Centrifugal ideological forces may have caused the current hot debate?s
theme on ?The Origin of our Species? to be sidelined. . Apparently two
mavens of our Goanet realm are engaged in vibrant repartee which, while
thought-provoking, is a distracting spinoff from the main ?cause celebre?.
i.e. Darwinism vs Creationism. Like a ?going nowhere? whirlpool, this
?tempest in a teacup? diverts from the original thread?s mainstream,
affecting its smooth flow.. Generally speaking, in pursuing a thread, there
is something to be said for the discipline of staying within certain
parameters. This rule may minimize obfuscation of the main issues before
they get lost in the shuffle and consequently suffer the waning interest of
our readers. . .

In this exchange, the pivotal confrontational poser exclaims: ?what is
wrong??
With quizzically challenging taunts sounding much like a lyrical mantra in
song
Exposing two countervailing views one could represent by divergent prongs
That in Goanet?s lively portals could be drawn out prolix, contentious and
long
Using adroit strategies like matching tiles played in the alien game of Mah
Jong
Philosophically the two sides posture with the blustering ballyhoo of King
Kong
or with moves strutting around each other like menacing dancers clad in
sarong
While at each other?s egos, facts, ideas and doctrines, they go hammer and
tong
It?s been consolingly proposed they could be better off playing hectic ping
pong
But in the context of ?Darwin vs Creation Dogma? does this spat really
belong ?

Cheers
Arnold

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i?m Initiative now.
It?s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07
Arnold Noronha

Arnold Noronha

Arnold Noronha