Correction: Goanet June Sats, Top 25 posters make about 90% of the total (+ Part II, TOP 27)
JoeGoaUk
2010-07-15 00:07:36 UTC
?
Goanet June Sats, Top 25 posters make about 90% of the total (+ Part II, TOP 27)
?
Re:
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2010-July/195975.html

Correction:
Subject line should read as..
Goanet June Sats: Top 25 posters make about 90% of the total
as against 84%..
?
Some how I missed this one when computing Top 21-25
Goanet news/reader/ACE etc? 75
?
i.e. 1194 + 75 = 1269 and that?s 89.56% of total 1417 for the month/june
?
Strangely, no one came back to rectify this.
may be these stats are not that popular as I thought
?
Only found out when?I ?started?pondering/checking who are the remaining 16%?(226)
and the fig was actually coming to?much low i.e. 147 (10.4%)
?
Here are the remaining (of Top 27)
?
26.
acafonso 2
Dr. alfred 2
Therese Ameida 2
Dr. Barad 2
Doha Goans 2
Comma Consulting 2
Salus Correia 2
Zena Costa 2
?Aloysius? 2
Plastino 2
Agnelo Fernandes 2
Jason Keith 2
Querobino 2
Savio Fernandes 2
Francis Furtdo 2
DG 2
Ganv Ghor 2
Jazz 2
Amita 2
Benedicto Lobo 2
Joe Lobo 2
Richard Betsy 2
Agnel Pinh 2
Felix Pinto 2
Patrice 2
Wendel Rodricks 2
Mario Andrew 2
Ignatius Xavier 2
Celinap 2
Roger D? Souza 2
Kaleon 2
Jason Pereira 2
Philip Pereira 2
Sylvester vaz 2
?
27
Ashwin 1
Rahul 1
Tony Barros 1
Joao Barros 1
Jean-Marcos 1
Colin Savio 1
Francis Colaco 1
Alvaro Peres 1
Joao Paulo 1
?Albert Cruz 1
Darlene 1
Maria 1
Jorge 1
JFD 1
Deliom 1
Albert D Souza 1
?Rajesh desai 1
Joao Fernandes 1
Cip 1
Gina 1
Rocky 1
Benedicto 1
Marry George 1
?Mistri Ganguli 1
Krishna 1
Goenche.com 1
Camilo Gomes 1
Cyber Matrimony 1
Amar 1
Diviya 1
Cleona 1
Lokseva 1
Angilio 1
Mervyn elsie 1
Margaret 1
Antonio Masca 1
?Tim 1
Wency 1
Brian Menezes 1
George Menezes 1
Luis 1
Melwyn Misq 1
Joel Moraes 1
?Suresh Naik 1
Marinela 1
VictorRangel 1
Ren 1
Roger 1
Xavier College 1
Alex Pascoal 1
Pual D Souza 1
Teotonio r d? Souza 1
TC 1
Gracias Tome 1
Communicare 1
Ved Pratap 1
Milind 1
?Anildesa 1
Damodar 1
Shrikant 1
Rcabral 1
Oscar Coelho 1
?Seb dc 1
Franc d?Cruz 1
Lenny d Souza 1
Marcosf 1
Eustace 1
Ignatius Fernandes 1
Jose Fernandes 1
Rosarioabel 1
Tony Martin 1
Rose Moraes 1
GBA office 1
Sujata 1
Cajetan Pinh 1
Milind Raicar 1
Francis Souza 1
Nalini 1
Koshy 1
Joseph trinidade 1
Twiga 1
Cajetan1
Sheela 1
?
Those who have posted 3 and above find youselves here
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2010-July/195975.html
?
thanks

Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...

For Goan Video Clips
http://youtube.com/joeukgoa

In Goa, Dial? 1 0 8
For Hospital, Police, Fire etc
Frederick Noronha
2010-07-15 05:21:00 UTC
JoeGoaUk, Thanks a lot for your statistics andfigures! It does help to
understand who's posting, who's contributing, and who's keeping
involved. It can also been an encouragement to others ... to get
started posting regularly, and to know that whatever little they do,
they will be contributing in a useful manner!

[That is what I believe about a small place like Goa too. In a big
city, for most of the time and for most of the people, it makes very
little difference whether one is alive or dead. In a small place like
Goa, one's contribution -- positive or negative -- can often be
instantly felt. Small is beautiful :-) ]

But there is another issue here. How do we shift from QUANTITY to
QUALITY? Who do we evaluate which posts add value, and which don't?

Of course, this is very subjective. One man's food is another's
poison. Still, coming from the world of journalism, I would believe
there are qualities that make some posts imminently readable, and
others which make posts boring.

For instance, what do readers like to read?

* Posts which are positive, informative and well thought out.
* Posts which do not endless target another Goanetter.
* Posts which make their point in a rather interesting way.
* Disagreements expressed without bitterness.
* On-topic posts, rather than those which stray away.
* Non-repetitive posts.
* Please add anything else you might add to this list.

I do not have any answers, but it is a big challenge of how a
volunteer network that will be 16 years old in a few weeks time should
go about promoting quality (without, at the same time, blocking out on
free speech -- to which we all know, there are limits, and it comes at
a price!)

Maybe, there should be a 2-3 person committee (not connected with the
Admin or others already involved in running the list, for obvious
reasons) who would select a post-of-the-week. This could push quality
upwards, instead of things ending up in a shouting match, as it
sometimes does.

Just a thought, my personal views. Any suggestions? FN

Frederick Noronha
+91-9822122436
+91-832-2409490
JoeGoaUk