[Goanet] Maan: Translation of Ch.1 of Goencho Mull Avaz
augusto pinto
2013-09-07 05:53:15 UTC
The thread 'Maan: Translation of Ch.1 of Goencho Mull Avaz' which was
changed rather naughtily by Sebastian Borges to 'Augusto Pinto: Mull ani
Bull' and which later evolved to plain 'Mull ani Bull' seems to have run
its course.

I was amused by the way Joao Fernandes' s arguments which were taken up by
Borges were sought to be brushed off by people who prescribed an imaginary
version of Christianity where apparantly casteism and discrimination cannot
be practised. This is pure bull. The manner in which jc and Mervyn try to
pretend innocence about the realities of past and present was pathetic.

If one were to just go by what the Bible said then a whole slew of
practices that are followed by the Church and Christians should be
abandoned including all the amassing of wealth, the building of palaces and
the pomp and ceremony by the clergy.

They would have been much more directly intested in distributing the loaves
and fishes that they amass to the uplift of the poor and marginalized
sections of at the very least for their own community if not for the poor
in general.

The references to the Constituent Assembly debates were interesting and the
assuarances made by the Church representatives seem to have been not taken
very seriously by the leaders and now demanding SC or OBC status is a
little too late.

I think given these revelations the Church should all the more take it upon
themselves to make good their promise to the poorer sections by
economically and educationally but without humiliating them culturally. And
it is about time that all of us get real and recognize what Christianity as
it is practiced today and stop being hypocritical.

Augusto
--
Augusto Pinto
40, Novo Portugal
E pintogoa at gmail.com
P 0832-2470336
M 9881126350
Jose Colaco
2013-09-07 10:40:40 UTC
On Sep 7, 2013, at 1:53 AM, augusto pinto <pintogoa at gmail.com> wrote:

"The manner in which jc and Mervyn try to pretend innocence about the realities of past and present was pathetic."

COMMENT:

There goes Xri Pinto all over again.

If I was Augusto Pinto, I would 'Kip Quite' and NOT draw attention to those libellous statements made about some senior Goan journalists at the Heraldo.

jc
There is that Timex watch which has the TV reputation of taking a beating and keeping on ticking.
augusto pinto
2013-09-07 11:23:29 UTC
Poor, poor jc.

He thinks that he can shut my mouth by suggesting that I have said
something libelous and therefore I should get scared of the journalists he
refers to.

His indirect exhortation to the journalists viz Devika, Pamela, Mervyn and
FN to proceed to sue me is pathetic. I doubt whether any of them would be
that stupid as to entering into a discussion with me on your behalf - no
matter what differences I have with them

Dear jc,

You have got into a horrible mess by trying to engage into an argument with
the astute Prof Sebastian Borges, who knows both his theory and his Bible
and his law and his environment. You have been clearly embarrassed, shamed,
humiliated and bested,

I think it is too late to now try to deflect attention onto me who you
think is a softer target. Everyone has seen the pathetically lame responses
you gave when you say that you don't know about the distinctions among the
Confraria of Velim among many other obfuscations and evasions and outright
lies.

Don't you think dear jc, that you would be doing yourself a favor by
acknowledging that you belong to a caste whose ancestors have harassed and
humiliated the lower castes such as Mahars and Gawdas? Don't you think you
should be doing your best to assuage the hurt that they have done instead
of living in a state of denial? No one is asking you to open your pocket,
at least as of now nobody has, but surely you could at least have the
decency to acknowledge the wrongs of your ancestors and have the courage to
say that you will refuse to follow in the footsteps of your forbears and
indeed work towards the welfare of the communities who were affected by
them.

Or if not at least keep your big mouth shut!

I'm cc-ing this to Devika, Pamela, Melvyn and FN the journalists whom you
hope and pray to come to your rescue, with the request that in case they
may have an inclination to sue me for libel they may kindly do so as soon
as possible. Otherwise let them keep their peace forever.

I don't know and I don't care what your response is going to be this but
other people will be watching you carefully jc.

Regards
Augusto

E pintogoa at gmail.com
P 0832-2470336
M 9881126350
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )
2013-09-07 20:22:49 UTC
Dear Prof Pinto,

I wondered how I would classify your latest posts on this matter:

a: Pathetic or
b: Brilliant

After reflection, I have come to conclude that they were Pathetically
Brilliant Ducks.

I congratulate you for a valiant attempt at deflection.

Just in case you forgot, I thought I'd re-focus attention on the
following libelous
statements made about some senior Goan journalists at the Heraldo:

THE AUGUSTO PINTO CHARGES:

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2013-August/233708.html

it is sad that Devika, Pamela and Mervyn who represent various
upper-class if not necessarily upper-caste strands of opinion among
Catholic Goans on the Herald chose to kill the story thereby silencing
a voice which represented those lower than theirs.

THE AUGUSTO PINTO LAMENTATION
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2013-August/233480.html

I feel sad for people like Frederick Noronha, George Menezes, Pamela
D'Mello, VM, Santosh Helekar, Jose Colaco, Jose Lourenco, Cecil Pinto
and others who otherwise like to wax eloquent on all and every
subject. Why the sudden silence now?

THE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS (inter alia)
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2013-August/233725.html

1: what specifically have the two priest done?

2: do you have documentary proof?

3: name the person/contact who advised you "a prominent employee
automatically blocks such reports to protect the Catholic Church"

No need to "Kipp Quite" now.

jc
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )

jc
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )

jc
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )

jc
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )

augusto pinto

M 9881126350
augusto pinto

M 9881126350
augusto pinto

M 9881126350
augusto pinto

E pintogoa at gmail.com
P 0832-2470336
M 9881126350
augusto pinto
2013-09-07 13:57:32 UTC
I'm sorry about writing the following sentence:
"The thread 'Maan: Translation of Ch.1 of Goencho Mull Avaz' which was
changed rather naughtily by Sebastian Borges to 'Augusto Pinto: Mull ani
Bull' and which later evolved to plain 'Mull ani Bull' seems to have run
its course."

It was not Professor Sebestian Borges but actually jc himself who had
started this crooked nonsense in order to obfuscate and draw attention away
from the cry of Joao Fernandes. This is quite typical of him.

Augusto
E pintogoa at gmail.com
P 0832-2470336
M 9881126350