Goanet as a teaching instrument
cornel
2006-07-17 11:58:45 UTC
Just as my suggestion that Goanet is a valuable learning instrument, I
believe that it has scope for some 'teaching/supportive' role in helping
potential contributers to write coherently and present articles. I have been
surprised at quite a few private drafts requesting me (and perhaps others)
to tidy up material for presentation. I have helped from time to time in
this respect. However, such a situation can't be surprising as many on
Goanet (from 7000 thousand plus?) are probably hesitant to appear in print
for a great many reasons, including lack of confidence. This suggestion for
a kind of confidential service from Goanet may hopefully bring out more
valuable contributors than exist at present. It would also help some of us
to retire from the scene!
Cornel
Frederick "FN" Noronha
2006-07-17 18:30:53 UTC
Interesting suggestion, Cornel. I also volunteer my services. Anyone
wanting a 'second opinion' on their writing, just get in touch. We
also have a (not-so-active) online mentoring network for those wanting
to join journalism called http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goajmentor
FN
Post by cornel
Just as my suggestion that Goanet is a valuable learning instrument, I
believe that it has scope for some 'teaching/supportive' role in helping
potential contributers to write coherently and present articles. I have been
surprised at quite a few private drafts requesting me (and perhaps others)
to tidy up material for presentation. I have helped from time to time in
this respect. However, such a situation can't be surprising as many on
Goanet (from 7000 thousand plus?) are probably hesitant to appear in print
for a great many reasons, including lack of confidence. This suggestion for
a kind of confidential service from Goanet may hopefully bring out more
valuable contributors than exist at present. It would also help some of us
to retire from the scene!
Cornel
Frederick 'FN' Noronha | Yahoomessenger: fredericknoronha
http://fn.goa-india.org | +91(832)2409490 Cell 9822122436
2248 copylefted photos from Goa: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fn-goa/
Valmiki Faleiro
2006-07-19 13:15:05 UTC
Dear Cornel,

I am glad you encourage people to write. I do not consider myself
an exceptional writer or good at editing (I send my own pre-publication
drafts to friends, two of whom I know are subscribed to this mail list),
but I do encourage people to write. My own two bits: if any one here
wishes to have his or her drafts read, please send them to me at:

Cornel
cornel
Cornel
Frederick "FN" Noronha