VM de MALAR ASKS THE RIGHT QUESTION BUT....
Philip Thomas
2005-11-08 05:31:12 UTC
In today's HERALD VM de Malar writes a timely article titled "Goa's crowded
skies". He talks about the "dizzying increase" of domestic scheduled
airlines flying into Dabolim and finding "there's no end in sight" as the
"vast railway clientele is switching to aeroplanes".

Hence he rightly asks: "Can we physically handle all the traffic headed our
way?" concluding immediately "No. Dabolim is already inadequate".

His solution: "We need a better alternative... we probably do need Mopa".

Imho, VM needed a better word i.e "addition" instead of "alternative". Why
is he writing off Dabolim? I sincerely hope he doesnt have a shut down of
civilian traffic at Dabolim in mind. That would indeed be an unmitigated
disaster for Goa. He seems to be way off the mark as far as the airport
issue is concerned in this particular respect.
Philip Thomas

Philip Thomas

Philip Thomas

Philip Thomas