IT IS TIME WE PROTECT WHAT IS LEFT OF GOA TO CONTINUE SAYING - PROUD TO BE A GOAN - FATHER OF GOA, PLEASE HELP.
Oscar Lobo
2010-12-19 04:22:13 UTC
Our dear Mr. Faleiro

Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Healthy and a prosperous New Year
2011.

I reproduce below a message that appeared on Goanet Digest, Vol 5, Issue
1370 dated 17 December 2010.

Goans in Goa and overseas (including Middle East) are weeping at the
state of Goa. Goans who have gone overseas in search of greener pastures
are remitting their
savings and purchasing houses (some even at high cost in their own
land)in Goa.

Goans are dismayed, disappointed, disillusioned and disenchanted at how
the foreigners like Russians and Israelis behave towards our people(let
aside Goans were not given the right to rule Goa. Something urgently
needs to be done to protect what is left of our beloved land.
Some of us have lost our properties to Mundkars and Shetkars; the latter
being the rule of ?Land to the Tiller? (late Indira Gandhi, mundkars not
letting go our properties
all in the name of Goan being a part of India. I do not think there is
any country in the world that encourages the care taker to take the
owners property.
This could be the case where there is a jungle rule. Is Goa having a
jungle rule now?

Mr. Soter?s cry is a cry of all Goans. Please use your office to stop
further damage to Goa. Your intervention will have your name going down
in history.
You are the Father of Goa and we look up to you for help. May St.
Francis Xavier give you the grace and may force be with you.

Warm Regards

Oscar C. Lobo JP
First Indian and a Goan Councillor in Australia.
Together we can make a difference by cutting the stress and delivering
results.

Quote Message: 10
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:18:08 +0530
From: "soter" <soter at bsnl.in>
To: <goanet at goanet.org>
Subject: [Goanet] Come to Goa. Kooch bi karo.

Everything is just so easy in Goa. Migrants can come and avail of
security cards from Shrama Shakti Bhavan within 24 hours. That gives
them total immunity from the police and allows them to throw their
withgt round with the locals saying - "ami kitem bhaile?"
Real estate developers can just run into Goa and get any land converted
in no time on any gradient.
The ghatti can get a licence for his gadda in 24 hours along with a
ration card and epic card within 7 days.
"Paisa diya to Goa me kuch bi kar sakta" -claim the agents for the migrants.
Israelis and Russians set up their separate enclaves and chase away the
locals.
Now Japanese will get their visa on arrival.
The time is not far when goans will be asked to leave Goa to accommodate
their brothers and sisters of India licensed under article 19 of the
Constitution.

-Soter Unquote.
Oscar Lobo
2010-12-19 04:41:08 UTC
Dear Arwin,

You are spot on there, mate!

We need to be also led by young Goans like you. Fossils need to be
activated.

We have many leaders like you, Benedict, Rene, leaders in Q8, leaders in
Goa et al. Together we can make a difference. Tally poppy syndrome
(degrees & caste),
knee jerk reactions (aum vodloh, tum khon ? kalchem xhent), Curleo
attitude et al should be the thing of the past.

Effective 01 January 2011 we need to get rid of these negative attitudes
and join forces so that we do not loose our state!

The moment we stop drinking and going to our keyboards is the moment we
will have a U turn in our thinking. The e-mails with time reveal the
state of the mind of a Goan!

Aslo euk munis zachem nao aslem DONDOH ? Toh mutaloh hui: ? Soroh peu
and ghaneek Gheeroi? ? nuh Keyboardacher!!!

Let us give back our support to Goa ? Phool nazalia Paklee diat ? soroh
nakam piat!

Mog sodanch assum

Oscar C. Lobo JP
Councillor in Australia.

Cut the stress and deliver results.

2010-12-19 16:11:13 UTC
Mog assu di! Praise God.

Kapasdad aha zaliar, come to Goa and do what you preach. It is no good
playing your drum to a deaf and leads others if you are blind. You left
what was yours to other so do not cry to what you had willingly given
out. Time is still not run out, the choice is yours. Either you leave
the cake or eat it. Goa is not what you all dream sitting outside Goa.
It has progress, it is surviving and the people who are living and
leading Goa are protecting it.

Actions corresponds the spoken word and this is belief if you want to
save and protect our Goa. We have millions of well wishers like this
around the globe who are living with their vodvik and patrat, who only
write and try to preach. We do not want pokkoi fugothoi.

It reminds me of marathon runners. At the start there are 100's who
participate with full of spirit, modern attire and styles but at the end
only the few and the only one who is strong and have endured all the
challenges receives the praise and trophy of glory.

Do not come to a state when you finally make a decision to really reach
our dear Goa will find yourself with a walking stick in your hand. The
very people who are currently saving Goa will be forced to save and
serve you.

Word those come out of your mouths and the ones you write should be in
praise to Goa because what you speak or write is what you want to see
Goa to be.

Frankly speaking, even animals do not leave their herd but stay together
to defend itself. Are we not much more superior to animals?

God bless you all.
Tome de Souza

Mog sodanch assum
Salus Correia
2010-12-19 16:17:10 UTC
This is frustrating?

Shameless Goans who expect Goans from all over the world to return to
Goa and ?save? it from Goans in Goa, who are corrupt and happy with
their lot. I don?t know this Tome De Souza, but wonder what progress he
is talking about, progress that is in his own words, ?surviving and the
people who are living and leading Goa are protecting it.?, one who does
not want ?pokkoi fogthoi?.

Just pull down the ones who are sincere, and live with it. Very poor
attitude for sure.

To Tome, I have to ask: What are you so happy about in Goa? The
corruption? The bad governance? The list goes on, but please tell us
what makes you tick.

And if there are stalwarts like you, who are happy there, why are you
calling the old foggies back to Goa with the challenge ?Kapasdad aha
zaliar??
Where is your ?kapasdad?? What is your role? Are you one of those
traitors who are working hard at selling off Goa for a few coins? What
are you really doing for Goa? Tell us please. Make our day!

Goans on this list have their hearts bleeding for their motherland. And
that is why one sees so much expressed on different forums. So do not
scorn them. If their ideas are good, embrace them. If they are not
workable, tell them so and they may come up with better ideas. But
please, please do not ever repeat that Goans who care have to come back
to rebuild the Goa that Goans in Goa have destroyed/are in the process
of destroying.

For Tome, my prayer is that he may see the light!

Regards

Salus Correia

Tome de Souza
tjdesouza
2010-12-19 21:52:36 UTC
Salu mojhea moghal Goenkar bhava, gayak mitt laglai kitea re!!
Koddu khaliaruch monsheak godsanecho vallor gomonyetha.

This is the same way we Goan who are currently in Goa, saving and
overcoming all the challenges speak the same language as you do. To be a
fisherman you need to venture in the sea, have to have a heart to face
all storms, have the courage to steer the wheel to the shore. This is
only possible once you are on the boat and see everything.

My dear Salu, if you do not know the progress at our Goa what do we
expect from you? If you do not know ask an Australian around you and he
will tell you how beautiful and progressive Goa is compared to all the
other states in India. Goa is a role model to other states. Even though
outsiders have come to Goa and have made it their home they have
contributed to the community by indirectly saying "This is a place I
want to rest in peace". No doubt outsiders have come to Goa and have
started business yet they have had their share but given a shelter and
food to a Goan in the form of jobs.

Wonder what you would have done if you were a Maharastrian or an East
Indian in Mumbai. You see the same things more over worst things
happening in Mumbai to what you compare in Goa yet they have extended
their arms to all communities in India. Have we not contributed to the
growth and to a part of destruction in Mumbai? We are all Indian.

There is no place in the whole world where you would not find the things
that you point out neither you can ever erase it. It is a part and
parcel of every community, state or country but yes we do have to try to
put a stop to it. This can only be done by changing not the community,
state or the persons who run it but OUR OWNSELVES AND OUR MIND.

Next time whenever you make up your mind to visit Goa "practise what you
preach in the few days that you come to enjoy and relieve your stress
that you get outside Goa?

Dev boream koru tuka mogal Goenkar bhav Salu.
You may see the light but do you keep faith in that light and walk?

You do not have to know me, but know me as a positive critic brother
from Goa.

God bless you Salu.

Tome de Souza

Salus Correia
Oscar Lobo
2010-12-19 21:56:10 UTC
Mogal Goenkar!

Thank you Carmen, I know I have to write to you which I will next week
when we are officially on season's holidays.

Today, the 19 December 2010 sees the completion of 49 years under our
motherland INDIA!

Jai Ho, Jai Hind - we were been liberated from the Portuguese (as if we
were under bondage - Gholom!), the new government played Fair and Square
by giving the down trodden as gift the land to the tillers and our
mundkars were given the right to become badkars and vice versa. It is
only fair that wealth has to be distributed equitably as massing up of
wealth is like the rich man stuffing his barn with stock.

We received electricity in abundance after 19 December 1961 (prior to
which we were in the dark), education became accessible to everyone (not
only the few that could afford to go overseas) in Goa, tourism
flourished by way of invisible trade and Goa was put on the map by
India. Hale the Freedom fighters, who did what that did even behind bars
as they fought for our independence in their own special way. What a
sacrifice for the present and future generations of Goa. Goans are
thought/encouraged not to drink in bars owned by some of our people
including foreigners (I thought we got rid of them) - "Goans and Indians
not allowed" similar to the slogan used by the British "Indians and Dogs
not allowed" - Shabas - kitem Goenchea saiba, kakoot amchee kor ane
somzikai amcam dee!

The Real Estate business is the order of the day, the prices skyrocketed
no special treatment for Goans, the houses are nicely protected by
grills and some of them look like Fort Knox, the transport business
flourished and the taxi man became rich! During the last 49 years many
Goans left Goa and left it in the state that we are complaining of
instead of being responsible to stay and fight for it. I recall a
Keralite saying words to the affect when I lived overseas "If your own
mother does not carry for you, how do you expect another mother to look
after you" - We Goans instead of writing Xapotram on Goanet, we need
walk the talk instead of writing philosopham which are
good for nothing. I have raised my hands to Advocate Francis Braganza's
challenge if I am ready to come back and asked him a question, for which
I am still awaiting until the cows come home.

Let us all look forward for 50 years (half a century - four centuries
and one year one day to supersede the rule of Colonial power) of
Independence and surely there will be progress over the next 12 months -
half a century of change!

Utt Goenkara with your suit and boot; na zalear bhaile mateleh amcam Mutt!

Best wishes on the liberation day (hope you are all celebrating), Mary's
Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011 once again if I have wishes someone
of you already.

Mog sodanch assum

Oscar C. Lobo

From: Carmen Miranda

Dear All,

I have no illusions nor faith on local politicians in power in Goa.

While I agree we must all do something to save Goa, where ever we are in
the world, turning to people in the establisment like Eduardo Faleiro
and others, who are partly responsible for the state of affairs in Goa ,
is certainly not the solution.

Let's not waste time asking them for any help and certainly don't waste
time addressing any letters to the Chief Minister or any other minister
in Goa because they don't care, they never act on civilized popular
pressure and reasonable arguments, and they know very well that no
matter what , in the end of the day, they will get all the votes
necessary to continue in power when the next elections come.

What we need to do is try to figure out how to get rid of them and to
influence the results of next elections which are round the corner.

If you want to be effective we need to really and urgently find ways to
get alternatives to the current political parties fighting the
elections. We need to try everything to enable Suraj party and any other
alternative pro Goa party, and some independents to fight the elections
and have a few good honest and serious and educated candidates to stand
for these elections.

We need to educate and inform the electorate about the consequences of
voting for the same old politicians. We need to inform them of the
alternatives and the meaning of voting differently this time. We need
to inform the electorate about the real meaning (criminal) of voting
for someone who paid you 1000 rupees (what is the votes bribing rate
these days?) and the consequences of voting for such criminals and so on.

We need to mount a big information campaign in Goa , knowing we will not
get the local press and media to help in any way. We need to go from
village to village, from town to town and inform people face to face.
Goa is small and that can be done easily with some funding.

Furthermore, if you want to be effective don't write to the CM - write
to Sonia and write to the PM and send copies to the governor of Goa and
the Chief Minister. Perhpas that will shake Dingu a bit...that's all.

It is clear that Dingu Kamat is glued to the chair of CM of Goa, and
glued to the mining portfolio for over 12 years!!!! He has no conscience
and he apparently does not care about Goans.

We need to think clearly and strategically my friends. We need to
join forces and don't let bitterness from the past among some potential
alternatives to current candidates in Goa , get in the way of any
crucial efforts we need to mount together to dislodge at least a few
ministers from power and government.

We all must concentrate on the bigger picture and act beyond our
personal petty feelings and perceptions about someone who is basically
good but made a mistake at some point or the other. No one is perfect.
People make mistakes and learn from it. We need to distinguish between
genuine crooks and people who made genuine mistakes....and move on for
the sake of a better future for Goa.

Writing letters and petitions will not get us anywhere any longer. We
need to use the rule of law, the democratic rights, and public education
and local campaigns. We need to stop talking and do somethig concrete on
the ground.

Best wishes and Seasons Greetings
Carmen
Oscar Lobo
2010-12-20 04:04:17 UTC
Senhor TJ,

Your response on the subject on Goanet refers.

Before one responds, one has to "shitidan pao ghal reh Jacqui.....

Tome - Please read, digest and remember that I have given an open
challenge to Advocate Francis

Braganza that I am happy to hang my boots and here again I am giving the
same to you "I and others

are ready to come to assist Goa in the hour of need; can you assure me
that Goans will not go out of

Goa in return"? Together than we can make a difference.

Stop your xapotram and and do what has to be done. Goans that have gone
overseas are sending Foreign Exchange

to Goa and therefore you need to think before you go on the keyboard.
"Kapasdad aha zaliar......"

You may want to tell those kaneos to the people from Rajastan, Delhi and
Gujarat as they too are Goans because they live in Goa and own

more than you and me. According to them we are Bingtakars!

Do not write "God Bless you" if you do not mean. Learn to love - Goans
do not love one another as He loved us.

Remember GOD read backwards is his creature, both extend their love
unconditionally. Do not put conditions in your message.

Be free if you are not born free.

Mog sodanch assum

Oscar C. Lobo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 8

Tome de Souza
Oscar Lobo

-Soter Unquote.