Virgin coconut oil...
Frederick Noronha
2009-12-02 17:41:54 UTC
Do you know anyone who produces 'virgin coconut oil' in Goa?
Apparently, it's a big thing in places like the Philippines.

Here's an interesting account of how it's produced and what its
perceived benefits are: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/about_us.htm
Don't miss the video while you're there.

Wonder what the experts in this field feel about its potential for
Goa. Have also posted the link to the BSG-Goa/Botanical Society of Goa
mailing list
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bsg-goa

Rgds, FN
--
Frederick Noronha :: +91-832-2409490
ANOTHER GOA: http://tiny.cc/anothergoa
Writing, editing, alt.publishing, photography, journalism
floriano
2009-12-03 11:28:35 UTC
Rico,
After I read this post of yours and saw the video, I went searching goanet
(my sent archives) where I had written about the deadly Hydrogenation
Process of oils to enhance their self-life and how these oils have begun to
be the Hitler's Gassing Chambers de novo through our grocery stores and
supermarkets. And I had mentioned the virtues of the VCO [Virgin Coconut
Oil] which is now replacing the good old Goan Copra Coconut oil ( which is
already oxidized by virtue of it being dried out before extracting the oil).

This information you have given does not touch even a tip of the iceberg
about the virtues of this VCO. (Cold pressed)
FYI, I am actually drinking VCO three times a day apart from using only VCO
as a cooking medium at home. Have long back thrown the market oils out of my
kitchen.

I do have a few bottles [1 litre] with me (had purchased a dozzen). Costs
Rs. 350/bot.

VCO is a miracle as it is saturated with LAURIC ACID which is the number
one immune booster of the human body. You will not believe it but it seems
Magic Johnson ( the US star Basket Ball Player) is cured of HIV simply by
drinking VCO.

I can put you on to the guy who has done heavy research on this VCO and who
is promoting it in Goa after having painstakingly found the source of
genuine VCO. This brand of VCO is coming from Kerala.

BTW: I have recently given one bottle to a senior citizen/friend in Panjim
who can't make the medical tests for the Canadian Visa. VCO is believed to
help with Diabetes as with most viruses including CYTOMEGALOVIRUS ( the
shell based virus like the HIV virus which is the cause of most Heart
attacks). It is believed that lauric acid has the potential to penetrate the
shell of the virus and render it dead which most modern drug cannot do.

BTW 2: VCO is not produced in Goa.

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj
9890470896
www.goasu-raj.org

Ivo da C.Souza
2009-12-03 17:49:02 UTC
A SAINT FOR ALL

*Fr.Ivo da Concei?ao Souza

Introduction:

Since my childhood I have heard about the devotion of the Goans for
St.Francis Xavier. When I was seven-years old, I remember having kissed the
feet of St.Francis in the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Old Goa with great
devotion. Every year people flock for the novena and for the Feast of
St.Francis. Both literate and illiterate people do admire him. People from
Goa and from neighbouring states, whether they are Hindus, Muslims, Parsees,
or Christians come to pay him homage. Young and old people have devotion for
him. Although he was a son of his times and of his milieu, St.Francis
continues still to inspire our people today. He is a 'model of holiness' in
so far as he followed his Master, Jesus of Nazareth and worked for the
society of that time according to his vocation and convictions. We are happy
to have his yearly Feast. He continues to be known as "GOENCHO SAIB".
St.Francis Xavier is the Patron of the East. He was an apostle of the
Gospel, a founder of Christian communities.

His Life:

Francisco de Jassu Xavier was born on April 7, 1506, in the Castle
of Javier (Xavier), in the kingdom of Navarre (now a province of Spain), of
a noble family. His parents were Don Juan de Jassu y Alondo and Dona Maria
de Azpilcueta y Aznarez de Sada. At the age of 19, Francis studied classical
languages (Latin and Greek), Rhetoric and Poetry, and Philosophy in the
University of Paris, and was staying at the College of Santa Barbara, in
Spain. He obtained Licenciate in Letters and Philosophy on March 15, 1530,
and in the same year he lectured on Aristotle in the nearby College of
Dormans-Beauvais, and took the Master's Degree.

As a student, he was well known as a high-jumper. But he was like a ship
without a rudder. As he himself revealed to his host in Mylapore, Fr.Gaspar
Coelho, in May-August 1545, he was in a bad company of classmates given to
"debauchery", but he abstained himself from contact with women due to fear
of "loathsome ulcers", which he saw in the master and pupils. He was also
careful in matters of faith, threatened by Lutheranism.

On August 15, 1534, in the chapel of Saint-Dinis, on the slopes of
Montmartre, in Paris, Francis together with Ignatius of Loyola, Peter Favre,
Simon Rodrigues de Azevedo, James Laynez, Alphonsus Salmeron and Nicholas
Bobadilla dedicated their life to the service of Christ, with the vows of
chastity, poverty and obedience. They went to Venice and wished to visit the
Holy Land, but could not make it. Francis was ordained priest in Rome on
June 24, 1537, and celebrated his First Mass in Vicenza, together with his
companions, barring Ignatius of Loyola who offered his Mass on Christmas Day
of 1538. They placed themselves at the disposal of the Holy Father. When the
King of Portugal, Dom Joao III, asked Paul III to send priests to India,
Francis was called to Rome. He was sent to Lisbon and from there with the
Brief of Paul III he was appointed the "Apostolic Nuncio" of Indies.

On Abril 7, 1541, Francis Xavier embarked in Lisbon on his trip to Goa,
where he arrived on May 6, 1542 by ship. During the journey, he was very
compassionate and ready to help. After getting down on the banks of the
river Mandovi, he went to the Convent of St.Francis in Old Goa to greet the
Bishop of Goa, D.Frey Juan de Albuquerque. He explained that he had been
sent by the Pope and the King of Portugal to work for the "salvation of the
unbelievers". He was a victim of the belief that the unevangelized
("gentios") would perish unconditionally. He showed him the papal letters
accrediting him as an Apostolic Nuncio.

His Apostolic Method:

After his arrival to Goa, Francis wrote so enthusiatically to Rome: "After
four months and more (of voyage from Mozambique) we reached India, Goa (I
mean), a city entirely of Christians, cosa para ver, (Epistulae Xavierii, I,
124, n.5), a most remarkable thing--a thing to be seen". "It has a monastery
with many friars of St.Francis, a very fine Cathedral with many canons, and
many other churches. There is reason for giving many thanks to God our Lord
on seeing how the name of Christ is flourishing so well in such distant
lands and among so many infidels" (EX, I, 121).

The Governor Martim Afonso de Sousa requested him to reside in his Palace,
but Francis preferred to stay in the Royal Hospital ("Hospital Real"), where
he dedicated himself to the sick and lepers of the Hospital of St.Lazarus.
He was preaching and catechizing in the church of the Rosary. Penitents
crowded to Francis for confession in the chapel of the hospital. In the old
Cathedral of the Bishop, Francis baptized his neophytes. On weekdays, in the
afternoon, Francis visited prisoners of the Prison ("Cadeia", situated in a
place in front of the Cathedral and the Palace of the Vice-Roys), taught
them how to confess, and ordinarily heard them afterwards in general
confession.

The town was cosmopolitan, with about two lakhs of inhabitants. There
were people from many lands: Europe, Africa, Ceylon, Malaya and China. Many
of them were Christians, mostly ill instructed in their faith and shallow in
its practice. Unfortunately several Portuguese in Goa had concubines and
slaves at their disposal. There was a lot of injustice in the courts,
corruption, and usury. Francis mixed up mainly with the Portuguese adults,
indigenous children and slaves.

Francis devised a new method to attract and instruct the people. He
went up and down the streets and squares with a bell in his hand, calling
children and adults for instruction. He began by singing the lessons, which
he had rhymed (in his Catechism, prepared by a seminarian of St.Paul's
College), and then made the children sing them, so that they might be better
memorized. Afterwards he explained each point in the simplest way, using
simple, easy words.

Francis worked for a short time in Goa, around 18 months, but to his
glory we must mention the College of St. Paul, where the clergy was trained.
There were already in 1556 one hundred and ten boys in fourteen different
national groups from all over Asia and Africa, including a few Portuguese
boys. There were boys from Malabar, Kanara, the Deccan, Gujarat, Bengal and
Pegu. There were Chinese, Japanese, Javanese, Malaccans (a veritable
pentecostal multitude). He was concerned in preparing the indigenous clergy
of good quality.

After five months and ten days of apostolate in Goa, Francis was
told by the Governor Martim Afonso de Sousa (1542-1545) to proceed to
Fishery Coast (Cape Comorin/Kanya Kumari). Towards the end of September of
1542, he took with him Francisco Mancias and two Indian students of the
College of St.Paul and landed at Manappad in October 1542, and then went to
Tuticorin.

After spending one year and three months in the Fishery Coast and
coming back to Goa on January 14, 1544, he went at the request of Pe.Mestre
Diego de Borba to reside at the College of St.Paul ('Seminary of Holy
Faith'). In April 1545, he left Goa for Mylapore, where he wrote the
Catechism in Tamil. In 1548 he was appointed Administrator of the College of
St.Paul. On April 14, 1549, he left for Japan. He came back to Goa to deal
with urgent matters in February of 1552. He went to Malacca on April 15,
1552.

He would come back about seven times to Goa, but always on
business and hurriedly. He remained in all a little more than 18 months in
Goan soil. In the time of Francis there were two chapels, one of St.Antao
and the other of St.Jerome. The Saint used to walk between them in
meditation and ecstasy. On one of these occasions, according to a legend, he
was heard saying while contemplating the Lord consoling him: "Satis, Domine,
satis" ('Enough, Lord, enough'').

He died in the island of Sangchwan (Sanchian), at the gate of
China, after he became sick since November 21, 1552, with high fever. He
reportedly desired his bones to be taken to Goa, which was the springboard
of his missionary activity. Although four sacks of lime were used in order
to hasten decomposition, it was found after two and half months, on February
17, 1553, that blood was coming out.

On March 14, 1554, his coffin was brought, through the river
Mandovi, to the Church of Our Lady of Ajuda, and on the following day the
body of Francis was taken to the Church of the College of St.Paul. After the
canonization of Padre-Mestre Francis in 1622, his body was taken to the
Church (raised to the category of Basilica in 1946) of Bom Jesus. Gregory XV
canonized him on March 12, 1622.

His Mission:

Francis Xavier is venerated as a Saint all over the East. Why is he
so revered and honoured? Surely because of his generosity in sacrificing
himself for the people during the short span of his life of forty-six years,
seven months and twenty-six days, of which he had spent ten years, and seven
months, minus four days, in Asia. He worked for the education and uplift of
the poor and downtrodden of the East, from India to Japan. It was at Malacca
that Francis came to know about Japan, as he himself states: "When I was in
the city of Malacca, some Portuguese merchants of high standing brought me
great news of certain very large islands recently discovered to the East,
called the islands of Japan. In the opinion of these men, there would be
better opportunities for the increase of our holy Faith there than anywhere
in India, because the people have an eager desire for knowledge and
instruction, which is not the case with the Indians" (Epistulae Xavierii,
I.391-392, quoted in P.Rayanna, The Life of St.Francis Xavier, p.116). He
could see the difference between the Indians and the Japanese. He found the
Indians, particularly the "Brahmans", cunning, exploiting the poor people,
whereas the Japanese were simple and more responsive (cf. The Letters and
Instruction of Francis Xavier, trans.by M.Joseph Costelloe, Sj, p.69, in a
letter written to companions living in Rome from Cochin, on January 15,
1544; G. Schurhammer, Francis Xavier. His Life, His Times, II, 406-410;
Monumenta Missionum Societatis Jesu, Epistulae St.Francisci Xavierii,
Aliaque Eius Scripta, I, 160-167).

Pius XI declared him in 1927 the Patron of the missionaries of the
world. His 'sacred relics' are kept in a silver casket on an artistically
carved marble mausoleum in the Basilica of Bom Jesus. St. Francis Xavier is
the symbol of unity among peoples. We do believe that he delivers Goans from
calamities through his intercession.

There are some misunderstandings regarding the Saint: Francis Xavier
contributed immensely to the evangelization of Goa by ushering in the Jesuit
Society and bringing to us his missionary zeal. But it cannot be said that
he was the first one to bring faith to our land, as the hymn Dev Amkam Zai
goes: "Bhavart amcho nhoi aycho kalcho, / ponn Sam Fransisk Xavieracho".
There have been here known and unknown harbingers of faith. Francis had no
special gift of languages, but he worked hard to learn Konkani and Tamil.

Conclusion:

Francis Xavier was totally dedicated to his work, determined and firm in his
convictions. He availed himself of his sharp mind, his ambition and his
organizational skills for the upbuilding of the Kingdom of God. People of
different creeds, races, cultures, rich and poor, young and old, come
together on the occasion of his novena and feast and live as a family. May
we grow in the Spirit through his example as a community of love!
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )

jc
Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
2009-12-03 22:47:24 UTC
Floriano, how dare you make such unScientific statements on
Scientific-Goan-et :-) FN

2009/12/3 J. Colaco < jc> <colaco1 at gmail.com>
Post by colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )
2009/12/3 floriano <floriano.lobo at gmail.com>
VCO is a miracle as it is saturated with LAURIC ACID which is the
number one immune booster of the human body. You will not believe it
but it seems Magic Johnson ( the US star Basket Ball Player) is cured
of HIV simply by drinking VCO
Dear Floriano,
? ? ?
jc
--
FN +91-9822122436 P +91-832-2409490
Updated: http://goabooks.wordpress.com
floriano
2009-12-04 04:49:03 UTC
It is very easy to become the doctor of doctors.
One just has to hit the googles on any and every topic of health.
:-))

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj

PS: When goasuraj takes Goa'sHigh Command in hand, the first to get hit are
our dear dear doctors :-))
Doctors BEWARE...... how you vote

jc
Frederick Noronha
2009-12-04 11:48:15 UTC
Hi Floriano, Can we do a Khmer Rouge on these guys? I mean, send them
to the villages for "re-education" :-)
Doctors BEWARE...... how you vote
floriano
2009-12-04 14:53:42 UTC
Rico,
A food for thought indeed !

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj

Doctors BEWARE...... how you vote
floriano
2009-12-04 04:52:54 UTC
Dear JC,
I am ok with the question mark.
Hope all is well with you & fly.

B/rgds
PS: In case you have not see this which I don't believe you have not.
www.youtube.com/smartimmune

jc
colaco1 at gmail.com (J. Colaco )
2009-12-04 04:13:30 UTC
[1] floriano <floriano.lobo at gmail.com> wrote:

VCO is a miracle as it is saturated with ?LAURIC ACID which is the
number one immune booster of the human body. You will not believe it
but it seems Magic Johnson ( the US star Basket Ball Player) ?is cured
of HIV simply by drinking VCO

[2] Frederick Noronha chipped in with this:

Floriano, how dare you make such unScientific statements on Scientific-Goan-et :

==

RESPONSE :

My dear Floriano,

One of your many positive attributes is that you are Floriano Lobo,
and not a part of the 'patracar' crew which provided us with bondollam
like:

a: Several hundred years after Slavery was abolished, the Portuguese
practised slavery in Goa

b: The 1980s Portuguese built bridge in Daman ...collapsed

c: The word 'Goanese' was not used in a derogatory fashion

d: Gated communities do not need gates

e: Bernado Colaco is the same as Jose Colaco

f: Malaika is a Konkani song etc etc

Bondollam ...which they refuse to correct the record on.

So, Florianobab, when you speak ...many reasonable people (I believe)
take your words to be accurate.

This HIV stuff is serious. It suffers seriously from misinformation
and prejudice. Many individuals get their information from
non-scientific sources.....and they tend to believe the information.

I do not know IF Virgin Coconut Oil has anti-HIV properties or not.
Once the oil is properly tested and the effect proven, I will believe
it. Until that time, I will restrict myself to what is clinically
proven.

I regret to inform you that there are inaccuracies in your statement
(above) (I will ignore FN's puerile attempt at flame-baiting.)

For the record, Magic Johnson has been working with Glaxo (the makers
of Trizivir), and Abbot (the makers of Kaletra) and the AIDS
foundation to raise HIV awareness among African Americans. He has
publicly announced that he is on a HIV drug cocktail.

I'd like to add that Indian manufactured drugs are playing a huge role
in the Bill Clinton Foundation's fight against HIV in some of the
poorest countries in the world eg Haiti.

I believe that my learned colleague (Santosh Helekar) has tried on
numerous occasions to counteract the bogus "information" that is
consistently being posted on GoaNet.

Why some patracar would take a pot shot at that effort, beats me

jc
floriano
2009-12-04 13:14:38 UTC
Dear Jose,

In your long list of enumeration of classic flaws, you have left out the
recent one that of our GMC docs having found out that the recent death in
GMC attributed to rabies came about after 25 years of a dog bite. I don't
want to comment on the efficacy of this finding but what stikes me as
stupidity is that the patient was diagnosed as psychiatric when all
manifestations were of rabies.

One sure way would be to ask Magic Johnson if he drinks Virgin Coconut Oil.
And yes, the world of pharmaceutical companies do conduct potent research
to come out with remedies for the most common ills. But they ignore cheap
natural God given remedies because they are cheaply available and one cannot
make money over it. And if money cannot be made, then the BIG pharmas cannot
exist.

Dr. Johanna Budwig has been nominated 7 times for the Nobel Prize for
effective simple remedy to treat cancer with flaxseed oil and cottage cheese
combination.
But she has failed to get the prize. The world would go bust if she got the
Nobel Prize, in'it?? And everyone would run around to get hold of a pound of
flaxseed from the market, what is commonly called 'sondmia'm' in Konkani
which is rich in much sought after Omega 3 oil.

If Saudi Arabia (if I am not mistaken) had not bought the inventor of the
first electric car for millions of dollars and shelved the invention, its
economy which is based on oil would go bust. Its nothing but money after
all.

Cecil Pinto prefers to joke about Aloe Vera. Actually his mania is against
MLMs. Instead he should ask his grandmother ( if she is still living) what
home remedy she used to treat wounds going septic without going to expensive
doctors and opting for expensive medicines.

Today, the Japanese have come out with water ionizers which were unheard of
some couple of years ago. Our natural water resources are going acidic day
by day thro god knows what pollution. And the human body is supposed to be
safe from most viruses if it remains alkaline (PH- 8-9). I believe someone
is selling imported water ionizers in Margao for Rs. 30,000/ a piece or so.
However, I have made one at home which has cost me Rs. 750/-, the costliest
part of which is the battery eliminator supplying 12V DC output. I am
uploading the picture of my home made water ionizer for you. And I have a
water ionizer stick imported from Japan which has cost me Rs. 1500/- but
the actual price is US$75/- a piece. It gives pure alkanie water (PH-8) -
one litre in two hours.

I have been diagonosed to have a totally clogged cardio-vascular system not
recommended for by-pass surgery. I am supposed to take Ecosprin and Acorex
for life. But these drugs only thin the blood so it can flow easily but in
the meantime escalates the levels of homocystein (amino acid) in the blood
which thickens the blood and makes it succeptible to clotting. I had a
virtual cardiac arrest but I survived. I don't take ecosprin and acorex any
more but eat raw spinach dipped in Virgin Coconut oil ( 30 leaves of vauchi
baaji) every morning where the vauchi baaji comes from my kitchen garden.
It supplies my quota of folic acid/per day intake which neutralises/brings
down the blood homocysteine. Unfortunately, no doctor in Goa prescribes
homocysteine test and one has to send blood samples to Mumbai for this test
which cost Rs. 800/- . If at all younsters of under 40 (especially
corporates) fall down and die of heart attacks today, it is because of high
levels of homocysteine in the blood, permissible being 9-12 microgram or
micromole/decilitre or something. I was 23.5 and therefore a sure case of

And the Japanese have found out that 4 x 160 ml glasses of water taken first
thing in the morning before brushing up, gets rid of most ills like
diabetes, arthritis etc, even heart attacks.

I shall conclude my tirade to say that God has given mankind the cheapest
and the most effective medicine. PURE WATER. And we despise it enough to
goad ourselves with cocacolas and fantas every oppotunity we get which are
totally and hopelessly ACIDIC.

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj
9890470896

jc
Mervyn Lobo
2009-12-04 19:12:27 UTC
I have been diagonosed to have a totally clogged cardio-vascular system not recommended for by-pass surgery.
I am supposed to take Ecosprin and Acorex for life. But these drugs only thin the blood so it can flow easily but
in the meantime escalates the levels of homocystein (amino acid) in the blood which thickens the blood and
makes it succeptible to clotting. I had a virtual cardiac arrest but I survived. I don't take ecosprin and acorex any
more but eat raw spinach dipped in Virgin Coconut oil ( 30 leaves of vauchi baaji)? every morning where the vauchi
baaji comes from my kitchen garden.
floriano,
This one seems strange.
If I have read the above?correctly, MD's have have prescribed Ecosprin and Acorex but you do not take it.

The question I have is:
Who?suggested you eat?raw spinach dipped in Virgin Coconut oil every morning?

Mervyn1162Lobo

http://www.flickr.com/gift/
Cecil Pinto
2009-12-04 07:51:17 UTC
Floriano Lobo wrote:
VCO is a miracle as it is saturated with LAURIC ACID which is the number
one immune booster of the human body. You will not believe it but it seems
Magic Johnson ( the US star Basket Ball Player) is cured of HIV simply by
drinking VCO.

-------------

The statement above is a blatant untruth.
Neither virgin coconut oil nor aloe vera can cure HIV.

Cheers!

Cecil

===========
floriano
2009-12-04 11:50:06 UTC
Hear Hear,
This comes from a scientific researcher of repute on various life saving
drugs including Goa's good old Feni
:-))

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj

===========
Frederick Noronha
2009-12-04 18:57:35 UTC
Arrey Baba, Floriano, you are arguing against the good old Cecil
Pinto, and CP is taking off on the good old coconut.

Who can cure HIV/AIDS? Not god, not modern science. Not yet! FN

PS: Is Floriano's statement a "blatant untruth", LIES, or inaccurate
and misleading and unsubtantiated? I think there is a difference
between these words....

Cecil
Victor Rangel-Ribeiro
2009-12-04 04:02:47 UTC
Dear Fr. Ivo,
???? Your quite?lengthy article on the life and achievements of Saint Francis Xavier, you left out one important fact. Can you please tell us what the omission was, and why you did it?
???? Regards,
???? Victor

Mario Goveia

Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 23:13:30 -0500
From: "J. Colaco < jc>" <colaco1 at gmail.com>

My dear Floriano,

One of your many positive attributes is that you are Floriano Lobo,
and not a part of the 'patracar' crew which provided us with bondollam
like:

e: Bernado Colaco is the same as Jose Colaco

Mario asks:

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know they are not "the same", but do they share some DNA perhaps:-))?

Jose wrote:

I regret to inform you that there are inaccuracies in your statement
(above) (I will ignore FN's puerile attempt at flame-baiting.)

For the record, Magic Johnson has been working with Glaxo (the makers
of Trizivir), and Abbot (the makers of Kaletra) and the AIDS
foundation to raise HIV awareness among African Americans. He has
publicly announced that he is on a HIV drug cocktail.

Mario observes:

Fred is the only one allowed flame baits and OFF TOPIC posts on Goanet:-))

While imbibing drug cocktails I have also heard that Magic Johnson is staying away from cocktail waitresses and others claiming to be "virgins" unlike the bad old days that landed him in his predicament in the first place:-))

Moral of Magic's experience, which he will tell you himself, "Stay away from the gratuitous activity that causes HIV/AIDS in the first place, and if you can't be good, be careful"

HIV doesn't come looking for you like other pandemics. Unless you are born with it you have to work quite hard to get it. Accidents like blood transfusions may happen but are very rare any more.

Floriano wrote:

In case you have not see this which I don't believe you have not.
www.youtube.com/smartimmune

Mario observes:

Floriano, the last time I checked, JC is a REAL doctor, who gets his information from credible medical journals and not from Youtube videos selling food supplements.

I wonder if the producers of the Youtube video would be interested in doing a scientific study on whether VCO affects HIV/AIDS? If they are we have a scientist right here on Goanet that they can use.
Santosh Helekar
2009-12-04 15:45:56 UTC
The post appended below contains bogus and dangerous information regarding coconut oil and human health and disease. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has issued a strong warning against irresponsible alternative medics who propagate these myths on the internet. Here is a copy of one such letter:

http://www.casewatch.org/fdawarning/prod/2006/mercola2.shtml

People ought to know that you can google all kinds of information on the internet. But to recognize whether the material that you are reading is authentic or not requires a certain level of literacy on the subject in question. A scientifically illiterate journalist or activist cannot tell the difference between scientific fact and fiction.

But what I am most disturbed about is the fact that there are individuals in this forum who have compromised their commitment to the truth for ideological reasons. In their cultural relativistic ideology, not only do they not care that there is such a thing as right and wrong in this world, but they are not the least concerned about the fact that they are misleading Goanetters on the most significant issues affecting their lives, namely public health and safety.

Cheers,

Santosh
extracting the oil).
augusto pinto
2009-12-04 17:17:48 UTC
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:02:47 -0800 (PST) Victor Rangel-Ribeiro <
vrangelrib at yahoo.com<http://in.mc940.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=vrangelrib at yahoo.com>>
wrote:

Dear Fr. Ivo,
Your quite lengthy article on the life and achievements of Saint Francis
Xavier, you left out one important fact. Can you please tell us what the
omission was, and why you did it?
Regards,
Victor

Dear Victor,

Fr. Ivo won't answer you but my guess is that the answer to your question is
'The Inquisition'.

Incidentally my instinct tells me that there is there something wrong with
the sentence,"Your quite lengthy article on the life and achievements of
Saint Francis Xavier, you left out one important fact.'"

Can you please tell us what's wrong, and why you made the mistake?

Heh heh!!!

Cheers!
Augusto

Augusto Pinto
40, Novo Portugal,
Moira, Bardez,
Goa, India
E pintogoa at gmail.com or ypintogoa at yahoo.co.in
P 0832-2470336
M 9881126350
Victor Rangel-Ribeiro
2009-12-04 20:07:32 UTC
You are absolutely right, Augusto. There is something wrong with the sentence I wrote: "Your quite lengthy article on the life and achievements of Saint Francis
Xavier, you left out one important fact." The sentence should have begun with the little word, "In". I assume I left it out because I was in a hurry to get the message out. It was an honest mistake, and no harm was done. You not only understood it, but you supplied the answer to my question.
???? Fr. Ivo, on the other hand, left out a key fact about Saint Francis Xavier that affected life in Goa for 250 years. Why did?Fr.Ivo?do it? I would like him to explain. May I suggest "suppressio veri"?
???? Regards,
???? Victor

E pintogoa at gmail.com or ypintogoa at yahoo.co.in
P 0832-2470336