FW: The Shame Faced by Goans Living Abroad
Yvonne Pereira
2014-01-09 11:03:11 UTC
Subject: Re: The Shame Faced by Goans Living Abroad

For quite a few generations Goans were looked upon with respect for their honesty, hard work and reliability. It is almost a shame to be called a Goan today, with the type of news that is covered by all the foreign media. Rape, murders, sexual assaults, wild night life, drugs, sex trade and all the types of illegalities pertaining to land, property, development etc etc make us the laughing stock of most people/tourists when we mention our once dear a homeland.

The recent building collapse in Concona followed by numerous deaths, and the illegalities coming to light are only the tip of the iceberg. If more investigations were to be carried out with the TCP and Land Registry and the Contractors/Builders/developers who have poured into Goa to milk it in a similar fashion as the miners did, we would be able to halt concrete being poured over the rest of our once beautiful land. Can no one put an end to the corruption that prevails in Goa?
John Eric Gomes
2014-01-12 18:32:27 UTC
Well, all this is happening under the watch of Parrikar, one of BJP's blue
eyed boys who promised us good governance. Another one, PM in waiting,
lectured us at the Vijay Sankalap Rally today and promised us paradise. We
have to help the AAP dismantle this prevailing nexus, so that even if the
AAP is unable to get a foothold, politics will be better for it!

Yvonne Pereira
2014-01-09 11:03:11 UTC

John Eric Gomes
2014-01-12 18:32:27 UTC