Your SILENCE is my LOSS
JoeGoaUk
2007-11-27 08:15:31 UTC
Hi people,

Don't you like JoeGoaUk anymore?

For God's sake, he is not political.
He just like being in GOA, enjoying Goa everybit and trying his/her best to
share some of the moments with you all over the world thru this electronic
medium.

These pics on Old Goa, were captured only for you (bearing in mind the ongoing
Novenas of SFX), but not a single person has back yet. A small video was also
to come up soon..

OK, I am particularly interested in knowing pics Nos. 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 &
18.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2063741284&size=l

In my business, I only sell things CHEAP. In other words, I do not sell CHEAP
things.

Customer satisfaction is our business motto.

Remember, in this world, no one is doing anything for nothing (with few
exceptions)
In other words, everyone is expect something in return.
Votes for Politicians, profit for Businessmen, money/bribe for
ministers/Govt.servants/police etc, name/fame for others. If you anything for
money or goods or services 'that's business'
With that definition, it seems most of our Freedom Fighters did business too.

JoeGoaUk too runs his business hoping to get something in return - Your
Donations.
There is small 'donation box' below every flickr photos and Video clips in
Youtube etc
This donation box is different. It does not take money or notes. The box is
labelled as 'comments'.

Donations are required to spend on maintenance and paying wages, fees etc
In other words, donations are required to keep the business/service running.
And it is not paid thru banks or paypal, just drop into the box and get
yourself an instant (public) receipt. Any one can do it anonymously too.
Remember, every little helps.

Your SILENCE is my LOSS.

In other words, SILENCE may mean CLOSING DOWN SALE at X'MAS.

Now, you may wish to know, JoeGoaUK if not doing for money or for anything
else, then it must me for 'name or fame'.

Well, here is something new for most of you..
His/her name in not JoeGoaUK nor JoeGoa or for that matter, his/her name is
not even Joe.
If you ask to add one more line on this..
Should he/she die (sooner or later) the death obituary ad in newspaper will not
say Mr/Ms so and so, alias JoeGoaUk. Not even in the bracket next to his/her
name.

Anymore doubts? Just try to clear it now.

Thanks you for being my active or silent customers

Thanks for your time.

Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...

For Goan Video Clips
http://youtube.com/joeukgoa
or
http://is.rediff.com/profilevisitor.php?mem_id=48419

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html
Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया]
2007-11-28 18:19:43 UTC
Is it possible that the lack of feedback is because flickr.com has a
"members allowed only" approach when it comes to feedback? One has to
login to comment, isn't it?
I appreciate JoeGoaUK's work, but find it easier to comment via email.
Joe is right... people deserve some 'returns', at least by way of a
positive word. Joe, your work is good, keep on at it. Of course I
can't check out everything you send. Maybe you should have some easier
way of keeping track. divshare.com that Teo introduced us to? A
webpage with links to all your photos? Try wikiwikiweb.de -- I got
some space there in the past. FN
Joe, I am enjoying all your videos and flickr pictures. I like you
too although I have never met you. I always look forward for new
videos and flickr pictures.
Best wishes, Olga
--
Frederick Noronha http://fn.goa-india.org Ph +91-832-2409490
12000+ downloadable, sharable hi-res photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/fn-goa/
JOHN MONTEIRO
2007-11-29 16:52:05 UTC
It seems I showed no mercy when I lambasted JoeGoaUK the other day, in return I have been well & truly been kicked in the butt by some Goanetters, and quite rightly too.

I have been praising JoeGoaUK for some time now (this year of course, as I did not know of Goanet existence till Jan of this year), but not only here on Goanet but also on youtube. I think I have lost more than my mind lately, as it seems the endless & tidious, repetitious & nail-bitingly harranging that has been going on, has taken its toll on me.

When I read JoeGoaUK's post, I did it in English & took every precious word to heart, it was quite shocking for me, as it was no doubt shocking to JoeGoaUK to read my response. I could have read and re-read the post several times & I would have lost the meaning of it, as I said there is much lost in translations & transcribing from one language to another, let alone for a Konkani speaker to writes English well-enough for all of us to understand him, no problem.

But somehow, there was a deeper, more unfeeling reaction from me, which is unusual, as I am not made of this stuff, I was determined to react in the way I did, because it seemed if JoeGoaUK can go down this path, then I may as well give up & unsubscribe to Goanet.

I waited a few days to see what reaction I would have created in everyone. I got 4 personal emails & about the same amount of public comments.

I think the popularity & love people have for JoeGoaUK has come through loud & clear, as I had expressed these sentiments myself some months back, both on this forum & on youtube (on youtube as Publican1950, named after my profession & year of birth), so there is no latter-day cover-up here. I said what I said and stand by it, I was simply annoyed. But WHY was I annoyed? To that you have to have lived in the UK for 46 years & think, speak & write in English (ONLY), then you will know that one simple thing Goans are famous for, was missing in my reading JoeGoaUK's post, humour!

Yes, I have defined it (and so have two other posters, one who emailed me privately & took quite some time to explain it to me, again). I guessed after I pressed the "send" button that my response may create either annomosity or there would be a backlash.

Neither happened in much quantity (less than half a dozen in total), which goes to show that JoeGoaUK's position is quite safe, and is one of the most popular & well-known personalities on this & other forums, for his wonderful (said it before & will say it again & again), pictures (or pix), this videos also. They are after all ALL ABOUT GOA & this is what WE ALL WANT.

May he continue to give us the thrills & the sadness, gladness & mix up our emotions for many more years to come. And to let you know Joe, I am very sorry for what was said by me in my post, but at the time, I was highly charged emotionally due to the many many things that are being said and done in the name of Goa ............ but nothing is happening.

Goans putting up fences & signs, bureaucrats licking the cream off the milk & feeding the left overs to developers, interlopers & in the name of MONEY which to me is absolutely out of order, but I can do nothing, we are it seems all powerless to do anything.

At least there was a demonstration against the SEZ........... its a start. But more pressure is needed, such as the complaint about parking, it seems petty but buildings appear to be encroaching everywhere, with no thought given to CLEANLINESS in the open spaces, parks & old monuments being left to rot, no parking for people who have travelled into the larger towns & cities, new buildings erected with no thought to pedestrians, illegal / unlicensed vendors dishing out unhygienc food and so on.

As FN has noted, you have to be a member who has to loggon to comment, so let us all become members & comment accordingly. FN has also suggested other ways to get this done easier, without needing memberships etc.

Lets find a way forward here...............& again, please accept my apologies JoeGoaUK for the error of my ways, it was NOT intended to harm you in the way it appears to have come across, it was bad judgement (by me) from someone who has been away too long, and has become a born-again foreigner...............

I will try to rectify this, and as I said before, we NEED someone like you to bring forward these lost treasures & to prick consciences, as we have also enjoyed FN's pictures which are equally enthralling when he goes on his travels in the highways & byways of Goa.

Kind Regards, always
John Monteiro
29.11.07.............16.49hrs (UK)
"Frederick Noronha wrote = Is it possible that the lack of feedback is because flickr.com has a "members allowed only" approach when it comes to feedback? One has to
JoeGoaUk

Joegoauk at yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...

JOHN MONTEIRO