Festachim Porbim CHINCHONKARANK
Edward Verdes
2006-09-10 13:08:39 UTC
Sogleam Chinchonkarank Khoxeal borit Monte Saibinichem fest aumdetam.
(Wishing all Chinchonkar Happy Feast )

Just came across this on http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/indiagoachamp.html

India - List of Goa League Champions

Though football is traced to have entered the State of Goa in 1883, the
official League began only 68 years later in 1951, under the aegises of
Conselho de Desportos headed by Major Faustino Duarte. The league was called
the First Division. There was no Super League. The first League champion of
Goa was Clube Desportivo de Chinchinim who beat Football Club of Siolim, to
clinch the title.

Deu Borem Korum
Edward Verdes
Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza
2006-09-11 03:37:06 UTC
Hi Eddie

Firstly thank you very much for your wonderful konkani songs. I enjoy
listening to each and every single konkani song that you have sent to me

also send if you have songs from C. Alvares (duets - C. Alvares was the King
of Duets), Remo Fernandes, S. Lemos (good moral songs), etc.

On Friday at St. Josephs church Wembley there was a Konkani Mass presided by
Fr. Britto and two other priests. I was surprised to see that the church was
almost full with konkani speaking people from Wembley London.

SAIBINMAECHEM PORBIM - BOU FEST

I remember the feast being celebrated in Bandra Bombay from Sunday to Sunday
for one whole week with throngs with people coming there from all over Bombay.

kind regards

Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes
2006-09-24 11:02:54 UTC
Mogall Herman,
By now you must have got a lot of konkani mp3 oldies and
so also the other goemcars around the globe. There were about
82 requests from various Goan forums. (from goanet there were 7-8,
Goan NRI there were 48, Goan music 25).

I am sure by now these songs will be heard by 100's of goan families
around the globe.

It is difficult to have mp3 songs by all old artists, hever I have
tried to send them as per your request with lyrics whereever possible.
I am looking out for a good software to convert my audio cassettes to CD's.
In the meantime I have also recvd konkani mp3 songs from fellow goans.

Of all the songs, I was lucky to get Alfred Rose Classics, though
the music quality is not upto the mark, but its like listening to
Akashwani. The Alfred Rose Classic songs are: Dev nidonk na, Gupit Mog,
Aeroplaneak uzo, Bharinkarachem lissaum, Teg foler artinchem,
sobit amchem Goem, ostori etc.

I will try and send more songs as I convert my audio to CD,
in the meantime try to help the tiatrist by purchasing genuine
konkani CD's/audiocassettes when you land in Goa/Mumbai.

PS: There was rqst for lyrics of Alfred Rose...Punn tum mozo Daddy..
but u love my daddy...if anyone has the words/mp3 would be plsd to
receive.

Dev Borem Korum
Edward Verdes
Chinchinim/Mumbai/KSA
Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes

Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes

Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes

Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes

Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes

Herman D'Souza
Edward Verdes

Herman D'Souza
Filomena Giese
2006-09-24 15:31:19 UTC
Dear Edward,

Do you have any Cd's/tapes of Konkani children's
songs? Or, suggestions about songs for youngsters,
action songs and the like.
Would appreciate the info.
Filomena

--- Edward Verdes <eddieverdes at hotmail.com> wrote:
* G * O * A * N * E * T **** C * L * A * S * S * I *
F * I * E * D * S *
Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA
from November to May
There is no better, value for money, guest
house.
Confirm your bookings early or
miss-out
Visit http://www.garcabranca.com for
details/booking/confirmation.
Post by Herman D'Souza
of Duets), Remo Fernandes, S. Lemos (good moral
songs), etc.
Post by Herman D'Souza
Herman D'Souza
http://mail.yahoo.com
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha
2006-09-25 10:18:53 UTC
There has been some discussion about Konkani MP3 songs available
online. Though I intended to raise this query earlier, I kind of
resisted, knowing that it may be seen as ill-intentioned. Anyway,
could any let me know:

* Under what license are they being distributed?
* Who owns the copyright?
* Is there any way Konkani music could be made more sharable in cyberspace?
* Can we all work to create copyright-free easy-to-distribute Konkani music?
* What laws apply to the sharing of such content?
* Till now, Indian law allowed for "version recording". This is going
to change soon.

I am not raising these queries merely for scoring points, but with the
intention of finding out ways by which the wealth of Konkani music can
be made more sharable. Are any artistes, for instance, willing to
donate the same for wider use, maybe doing so by opting for some
CreativeCommons.org license their work? At least for part of their
work? This seems an important issue that needs discussing. FN

PS: Technically, even sharing news from a website/newspaper could
amount to a copyright-violation... unless the publication doesn't mind
(as if often the case, if properly sourced to them) or there is some
understanding, even if vague, on the same.
Abie Mendes
2006-09-25 06:17:17 UTC
Dear Mr. Verdes,

I read your note on the Goa net. Could you kindly let me know how i can get
hold of the MP3 of konkani songs.

Also children konkani action songs as mentioned by Ms. Filomena G.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Abie
Post by Herman D'Souza
of Duets), Remo Fernandes, S. Lemos (good moral
songs), etc.
Post by Herman D'Souza
Herman D'Souza
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Dear Filomena,
Yes, I think Borg is right, so far only Sharon has come
out with only one cassette konkani childrens songs.

Now days the youngsters are mostly interested in konkani songs
of Remo and songs by Goas famous bands..
Lynx, Obligato, Big city band, Purple rain etc.
They are also interested in Lorna, a few like Alfred Rose oldies.

We as kids grew up listening to songs from Amchem noxib
and Nirmonn, which are even hit now.

Dev borem korum
Edward Verdes
Filomena
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Abie Mendes

Filomena
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Abie Mendes

Filomena
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Abie Mendes

Filomena
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Abie Mendes

Filomena
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Abie Mendes

Filomena
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Abie Mendes

Filomena
lino dourado
2006-09-25 06:34:11 UTC
Filomena Giese <filomenagiese at yahoo.com> wrote: =

Dear Edward,

Do you have any Cd's/tapes of Konkani children's
songs? Or, suggestions about songs for youngsters,
action songs and the like.
Would appreciate the info.
Filomena

--- Edward Verdes wrote:

and they always want what is not
=

Lapitt

http://www.goa-world.com/goa/poems =

http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=3Dgulf-goans_yahoogroup=
s_com&restrict=3D&exclude=3D&words=3DLino+B.+Dourado

=

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Dear Filomena,

I far as i remember long back Sharon of Wilmix-Sharon
fame released her audio cassette entitled "Kanneo" for
children,s. In this cassette there are small stories
and songs for children's. i don't know the cassette is
now available in the market? if you contact Sharon in
Margoa i think she will be able to arrange the same.

Borge

------------------------
Profile of Wilmix-Sharon

By Wellington Dias.

The husband & wife team of Wilmix-Sharon do not need
much introduction to Konkani drama / tiatro goers, as
both over the years with their talents have made their
presence felt on the Konkanni stage.

Profiling both their careers with Wilmix providing
bulk of the info., WILMIX WILSON MAZARELLO traced his
roots to acting in Village concerts and then acting in
professional tiatros around 1970. He mentioned about
writing & directing about 11-tiatros so far, writing a
lot of one act plays for Radio & TV and also composing
& singing more than 200-songs, to date.

Meanwhile, SHARON MELANCIA MAZARELLO, got going by
crooning for an English Band in Bombay at 16-years of
age and acting professionally in tiatros around 1980.
She mentioned about writing & directing 3-tiatros
professionally, writing a few one act plays in
Konkani, composing & singing many Konkani songs and
publishing a book of 105-Konkani one act plays
entitled ?Jivit Ek Tiatr? in the devangri script.

Speaking about themselves, Wilmix mentioned of their
together producing about 26-audio tapes of Konkani
songs, travelling extensively in India (Mumbai, Pune,
Ahmedabad, Karnataka, Maharashtra, etc.) and acting in
hundreds of Konkanni tiatros. Some of the leading
Writers & Directors, whom both have acted for include,
M. Boyer, C. Alvares, Prem Kumar, John Claro,
Aristides Dias, Alfred Rose, Remmie Colaco, Jacint
Vaz, etc.

Some of Wilmix?s tiatros are ?Tiatrist?, ?Konknno?,
?Durig?, ?Sukti-Bhorti?, ?Sounsar ani Sorg?,
?Mogachi Kanni?, ?Viswas Ghatki?, ?Chor-Pulis?,
?Devachem Utor Hem?, ? ?Chorachea Horrdeant Dukh?.

While that of Sharon?s tiatros are "Cheddo?, "Cheddun"
"Il?lxi Chuk?, ?Baulem?, ?Fuddem Paulem?.

As both believed in giving a good moral through their
tiatros, they mentioned about promoting themes of
Social awareness and protection of the environment
through this art form.

Wilmix mentioned about publishing 2-books of Konkani
tiatros namely ?Sukti-Bhorti? and ?Durig? in the
devnagri script. When questioned as to why his books
were published in the devnagri script instead of the
Roman script, he stated that since devnagri script is
the officially recognized script he felt that this is
the only way for his books will reach out & be
accepted and furthermore stated that the Roman script
reading people would rather prefer to watch the
tiatros than read books on them. Besides the above
2-books, he's published a book in English entitled
?100 Years of Konkani Tiatro?, giving history of the
Konkani tiatro for the past 100 years.

Wilmix, speaking of his early years, had to say that
at that time, one really had to fight one?s way up (he
gave the example of Prem Kumar) and to be a tiatrist
at that time he stated that the main criterion was one
had to be a Singer and only if one could sing then the
senior established tiatrists would be willing to help
out. But, he pointed out that on the whole most of the
senior tiatrists were very selfish and are responsible
for the tiatro almost being extinct today.

Furthermore, he felt that in all respects the present
scenario is much better nowadays than in the past in
terms of unity and cited the recent instance of the
Konkani stage artistes coming together to raise funds
for the ailing Rosario Rodrigues.

He further added that he sees a bleak future for the
Konkani stage unless some drastic changes were
introduced & effected to the same, as most of the
dramatists took drama as a business and not as an art,
thereby, sacrificing quality of the same and had to
say that up-liftment of the stage is more important
than monetary benefits.

With regards to non-stop drama & tiatro, he had to say
that both are art forms of the Konkani stage and
according to him the stage should have first priority
instead of bickerings between these art forms & its
artistes. He mentioned about his acting in non-stop
dramas and non-stop dramatists acting in his tiatros,
which according to him was an example of his not
differentiating between both these art forms.

He acknowledged the contribution of the non-stop
dramatists and the positive influences they have
brought to the Konkanni stage.

With regards to stage lighting, he had to say that
good lighting can work wonders on-stage and not just
the trend of flashy lighting methods being followed
presently in dramas.

Wilmix mentioned that innovations to stage settings
and other things were always welcome and could further
help improve the stage on the whole.

He spoke about his organising the All India Seminar
for Overall Development of the Konkani Stage in Nov.,
2001, wherein speakers from the theatre in Bengal,
Maharashtra, Nataks (Goa), Non-stop dramas, Konkani
tiatro, hindi films, etc., were invited and an open
house discussion was held with a number of resolutions
being adopted. One of the main things that all were in
unanimuous agreement to the fact that, the Konkani
drama & stage needs a professional touch in terms of
direction.
When one of the hindi movie directors present at the
symposium offered to help in this regard, he was told
of the exorbitant costs involved should a professional
director be hired and according to Wilmix, this
director voluntarily committed himself to do the first
drama free of charge and thereafter, charge a nominal
amount for the following drama(s) so that the stage's
standard could improve.

On the above, he was quick to point out as to how many
present day Konkani drama directors' / writers' ego
would permit them to accept another director directing
their dramas & dictating terms to them. He also cited
the notion that is presently being followed, that is,
everyone wanting to be all in one (Writer / Director).

With regards to the Goa Govt.'s non-support to the
tiatro and Konkani stage, he had to say that it was a
big controversy.

Both Wilmix & Sharon spoke about their present
venture, wherein, they run an institute by the name of
THEATRE ART & CULTURAL TRAINING INSTITUTE (GOA),
which offers classes in acting & other stage-craft for
upcoming Konkani artistes and according to them both,
they derived immense pleasure in imparting their
knowledge of acting instead of acting.

Sharon & Wilmix who have 2-sons, when requested of
Wilmix to shed some light on their personal lives, he
had to say that he prefers to keep his personal life
separate from the stage as incorrect information
portrayed by the press could tend to hurt people.

Other than acting, Wilmix, a BSc Graduate, mentioned
of his working as a medical representative and
travelling to Afghanistan, Russia, East Africa, Middle
East and other Countries when working as the Export
Manager of a Pharmaceutical firm in Mumbai.

He mentioned of his being an Executive Member of the
Goa Konkanni Academy.

Both of them presently reside at Fatorda, Goa.

Wellington Dias

http://mail.yahoo.com
Edward Verdes

Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza

Filomena Giese

http://mail.yahoo.com
lino dourado

http://mail.yahoo.com
Edward Verdes

Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza

Filomena Giese

http://mail.yahoo.com
lino dourado

http://mail.yahoo.com
Edward Verdes

Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza

Filomena Giese

http://mail.yahoo.com
lino dourado

http://mail.yahoo.com
Edward Verdes

Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza

Filomena Giese

http://mail.yahoo.com
lino dourado

http://mail.yahoo.com
Edward Verdes

Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza

Filomena Giese

http://mail.yahoo.com
lino dourado

http://mail.yahoo.com
Edward Verdes

Chinchinim, Goa
Herman D'Souza

Filomena Giese

http://mail.yahoo.com
lino dourado

http://mail.yahoo.com
Hilary Jack Pereira
2006-10-03 03:42:35 UTC
Hi guys

Pls try ares.com where files are shared for free. Also you can upload ur
konkani songs (anyone can) and then everyone can share the same for free,
to increase the awarness of KONKANI among our youth of today specially who
are away from Goa.

Rgds
Jack

Read all Goanet messages @

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha
2006-10-03 04:31:00 UTC
Some background on file-sharing. I really think the only sustainable
way would be to convince artistes to put out some of their music under
a copylefted music, and show them how it actually helps *them* (the
artistes) to popularise their work, spread Goan music and benefit the
music-enthusiast too. FN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing

File sharing first came into the public eye with the popularization of
MP3 files in the mid- to late 1990s. MP3s would commonly be uploaded
to free webspace accounts such as Geocities and Tripod, or online file
storage services such as i-drive. This practice lasted for a short
time until the webhosts realised what their webspace was being used
for. Sites hosting MP3s uploaded to free webspace would often only
last a very short while before the files were removed. MP3 sites
counteracted this by uploading MP3s using fake file extensions which,
again, worked for a short time until the webhosts realized what was
happening. It wasn't until the advent of peer-to-peer software that
file sharing became easily available to the average internet user. In
1999 Napster, originally a centralized system, became the first major
P2P file-sharing tool, popularizing file sharing. Napster was a
localized index for MP3 files shared by the users logged into the
system. It included IRC-like chat and instant messaging features. Many
new major clients now follow its example in design. An MP3-only
sharing system, Napster was finally shut down by legal attacks from
the music industry. It was openly attacked by some artists (notably
Dr. Dre, Metallica) and supported by others (M?tley Cr?e, Limp Bizkit,
Courtney Love, Dave Matthews, David Crowder Band)....

File sharing (such as with the Gnutella and Napster networks) grew in
popularity with the proliferation of high speed Internet connections
and the (relatively) small file size and high-quality MP3 audio
format. Although file sharing is a legal technology with legal uses,
many users use it to download copyrighted materials without explicit
permission: copyright infringement or "piracy". This has led to
attacks against file sharing in general from some copyright owners.
Frederick Noronha http://fn.goa-india.org 9822122436 +91-832-240-9490
http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/fn-goa/
Frederick &quot;FN&quot; Noronha

Hilary Jack Pereira