Goanet] Questions to Prof. Kamat and Citizen's Initiative
Miguel Braganza
2008-07-26 03:52:17 UTC
Dears,
?
If Prof Madhav S. Kamat is going to be the "Moderator" of the debate on "Should Goa University go Central?" one might as well write the conclusion before it starts!
?
Whether it is the Infotech?Board or the Goa Education Commission, M.S. has been a party to 'Recommendations" without any data whatsoever to support such recommendations. There are always willing persons, willing to lend their names to a report that has little content .... or value .... as long as they are paid handsomely for it.
?
To refresh the memories of those who have forgotten, the road?from Motel La Joy to the Soccoro Panchayat is broadened by the Infotech Corp, the strret lights are also funded by it. It had issued a tender for repair of the hall in the Salvador do Mundo church for Rs.12.00 lakhs WITHOUT the permission of the chuch, which subsequently released an ADVERTISEMENT dissociating from the tendered works.
?
What?does an International Cricket Stadium at Tivim have to do with Infotech? Perhaps, the same thing?that a Convention Centre has to do with a Central University!!
?
Thye debate, we are repeatedly told, has nothing to do with Goa Su Raj Party. So why not have the ex-Principal of any college [Dr. G.N. Mishra, Fr. Antimo Gomes, Sr. Rita Fonseca, Dr. Shigurkar et al]?or one of the former Acting Vice-Chancellors of Goa University [Dr. Adi Doctor or Dr. Olivinho Gomes] as the Moderator. Why does Floriano need a known supporter of the Government/Establishment as a moderator? In fact, why does one need a former?teaching faculty?to moderate something that is obviously administrative in nature. It is about money, honey. See your own posting on Central University status for Punjab University. Perhaps, Mr. Alban Couto or Mr. J.C. Almeida or Dr. Ajit Shirodkar?will be? better Moderators.
?

Better than Prof [?] M.S.Kamat would be Mr. Arvind Bhatikar, former Chairman of MPT, or Mr. Sandesh Prabhudesai. At least one would be sure of Prudent Media coverage of the event. They are apparently?as good as MS in being pro-establisment, whoever may be at its helm!
?
Mog asundi
?
Miguel

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:17:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Samir Kelekar <samir_kelekar at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Questions to Prof. Kamat and Citizen's
??? Initiative

Also, there were lot of issues such as a cricket stadium
was planned. Wasn't it during Prof. Kamat's tenure ? I would like to
know what were Prof. Kamat's comments (if he was on the board at
the time)about siphoning Infotech money for a cricket stadium.

Bottom line, I know only a piece or two, but only all the
board resolutions during Prof. Kamat's tenure and Prof.
Kamat's comments on it can resolve this questions, nothing less.

Man, I would say that if this is the case which seem to be,
then Goa Suraj is also eminently guilty if it hosts such a guy as a
moderator. They might as well ask Narvekar to moderate this instead!

And absolutely no conditions here from my side to Goa Suraj. They
can as well field as many candidates, have as many debates, and
get as many votes as they have been getting.

They could also take money and lunches from mine owners in one
election and ask for a social boycott of mine owners in another.
I mean there is something called Intellectual quotient.

regards,
Samir
Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/
Samir Kelekar
2008-07-26 03:30:11 UTC
As regards competency of Prof. Kamat to be a moderator I think CI rightly
named him as Moderator for the meeting.
On this issue I am with Roland.
Best regards,
I have raised major issues about Prof. Kamat's tacit compliance in the major scams in Infotech corporation by being its director. What are
your answers to that when you say "CI rightly names him as Moderator"?
Have you even given thought to the issues I have raised?

I have got no satisfactory answers on the above from anyone.

Thus, I believe this citizen's initiative is not a citizen's initiative but in fact is something that gives credibility to this corporation called
Infotech corporation which is a scam of hundred of crores of peoples'
money.

As such, I urge everyone to raise important questions before the meeting about Prof. Kamat, and failing to get
answers which need to be thoroughly verified, boycott this so called
citizen's initiative. In fact, such a forum is an insult to all
genuine law-abiding citizens of Goa.

And Floriano's points about Kamat saying that little sweet is going on
in Infotech
is further pouring salt into wounds of the activists who are fighting
this Infotech corporation in Court.

Kamat says that there are law suits. Who filed these law suits? It is
we who have filed the law suits. Infotech corporation of which Kamat is a director is a defendent in this lawsuit
and Kamat cannot be absolved of his resposibility.

What has been Kamat's role in this? did he not go for a China trip
on tax payer's money or not ? Is he not party to all the land-scam
resolutions which were passed in the board meetings? He will do what
he wants, and are we to clean the dirt?

Man, if you ask Narvekar if he is corrupt or not, he is obviously going to say no. It is only an idiotic mindset that just takes answers at a face value.

regards,
Samir
floriano
2008-07-27 13:32:28 UTC
Miguel suggests:
[Dr. G.N. Mishra, Fr. Antimo Gomes, Sr. Rita Fonseca, Dr. Shigurkar
or one of the former Acting Vice-Chancellors of Goa University [Dr. Adi
Doctor or Dr. Olivinho Gomes], also, Mr. Alban Couto or Mr. J.C. Almeida
or Dr.
Ajit Shirodkar.......... as possible Moderators.

This is the first time that such names have come up. And this is more than
welcomed by the CI.

However, CI will not contact any of the above as it has already identified
the moderator in Prof. MS Kamat and has announced his name as such.
Therefore, it will be left to Miguel and/or anyone else to contact the above
person/s and convey to the CI (convenor) his/their wilingness to moderate
the debate on 30th. July. Only then CI will consider the possibility of
substituting the present moderator for the debate. For that to happen, the
communication to this effect must reach CI latest before 8 p.m. Monday, 28th
July, 2008 along with the contact numbers of the candidate.

It must be understood that CI is more important than personalities and
personal prestige issues especially since this first CI debate will set a
precedent for the future debates and interactions. What the people want,
people must get. However, the above consideration is subject to the
acceptance by CI of the choice suggested with no promises made to effect the
change, given the tight timings.

This is for the kind information of one and all.

Sincerely,
for CI
Sd/-
Floriano Lobo